Author Topic: Prison System  (Read 12975 times)

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
Re: Prison System
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2014, 09:29:59 AM »
My quick 0.02  -

I think there is enough in the game already that you lose upon death. Yes, you can set up a successor for your estates and realms and such, but what about conversations, contacts and really simple things like where you are on the map? What good is your successor when he's a week of travel away?

But, the game will show if it's enough or not. I'm not against adding skills and other details, but I'm not sure about the details and I have other big items still on the TODO list.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 12:28:31 PM »
There is also the question of should the quick out be restricted? Those who don't find the whole ransom/capture mechanic compelling have a way to avoid it if they wish. Those that want to RP being a captive or have some other reason to see how it plays out have the option to do so as well.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2014, 12:35:52 PM »
Suicide is not the only option. You can also simply ignore the character until he's executed or set free.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2014, 12:48:17 PM »
Suicide is not the only option. You can also simply ignore the character until he's executed or set free.

That doesn't fit for players interested in optimal use of nobility, since you are denied the utility of that noble slot for the duration of captivity. If your characters have no worth to you beyond the actions they can currently perform then suicide is preferable to waiting.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2014, 04:57:47 PM »

That doesn't fit for players interested in optimal use of nobility, since you are denied the utility of that noble slot for the duration of captivity. If your characters have no worth to you beyond the actions they can currently perform then suicide is preferable to waiting.

You assume that everyone will want to use all of their slots all the time. I don't think that will be the case.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2014, 09:50:04 PM »
You assume that everyone will want to use all of their slots all the time. I don't think that will be the case.

I don't either. However that is the issue being raised, that the disadvantage to suicide to reclaim a slot which is more valuable then the character is no great enough to prevent rampant suicide upon capture.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2014, 11:58:37 AM »
I've posted the fiction piece intended to explain the geas:

http://mightandfealty.com/en/fiction

I think this will also but Bastur at rest a bit regarding his desire to be closer to his people. First Ones do not necessarily share the same culture, much like nobles of different countries have things in common with other nobles from other countries, yes, but also with the local population.