Author Topic: Couple o' Suggestions  (Read 1367 times)

FARevolution

• View Profile
Couple o' Suggestions
« on: March 28, 2015, 09:06:40 AM »
First off, lets us delete realm positions.

Second, let us assign crests/coa/heraldry to dead characters.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
Re: Couple o' Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 02:00:50 PM »
This is super old, but I stumbled accross it in a search, so lets review.

Realm Positions: No.

Heraldry: Why is this not a thing? Approved.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Cipheron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 03:02:55 AM »
Well I might as well put this here as anywhere. There's an issue in the game when a feature is destroyed, but there's a road or planned road connected it. The feature sticks around as a "ghost" feature and can't be either erased or rebuilt, since it is no longer listed in the features construction screen.

A related issue is that once a road is planned there seems to be no way to get rid of it, if unwanted or accidental.

Here are a couple of possible suggestions:

- if something cannot be deleted at least leave it (or put back in) the features screen so it can be accessed in future. If it's hanging around anyway and cannot be deleted it would be preferable that future players who obtain the same settlement can decide to rebuild it.

- perhaps if something cannot be properly deleted because of roads connecting to it, it can at least be turned into a signpost with 0% built, instead of leaving it as a ghost docks or tower etc. A related idea might be that you can rebuild a signpost as a different type, starting from 0% built of course.

- for roads, perhaps there can be a simple modification to allow deconstruction of roads (which would allow removal of both unwanted road sections and the ghost features). How about being able to set a negative % of workers onto the road, and it assigns the absolute % amount of workers, except they deconstruct the road instead of constructing it? If it goes below 0% then the road is completely removed, and any "ghost" features attached to the road would be removed too.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 03:11:35 AM by Cipheron »

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 03:19:36 AM »
Well I might as well put this here as anywhere. There's an issue in the game when a feature is destroyed, but there's a road or planned road connected it. The feature sticks around as a "ghost" feature and can't be either erased or rebuilt, since it is no longer listed in the features construction screen.

A related issue is that once a road is planned there seems to be no way to get rid of it, if unwanted or accidental.

Here are a couple of possible suggestions:

- if something cannot be deleted at least leave it (or put back in) the features screen so it can be accessed in future. If it's hanging around anyway and cannot be deleted it would be preferable that future players who obtain the same settlement can decide to rebuild it.

- perhaps if something cannot be properly deleted because of roads connecting to it, it can at least be turned into a signpost with 0% built, instead of leaving it as a ghost docks or tower etc. A related idea might be that you can rebuild a signpost as a different type, starting from 0% built of course.

- for roads, perhaps there can be a simple modification to allow deconstruction of roads (which would allow removal of both unwanted road sections and the ghost features). How about being able to set a negative % of workers onto the road, and it assigns the absolute % amount of workers, except they deconstruct the road instead of constructing it? If it goes below 0% then the road is completely removed, and any "ghost" features attached to the road would be removed too.

This seems odd. I have plenty of features that have been "destroyed" They never go away but can be rebuilt. I guess it makes it easy when you want to rebuild in the exact same place, but annoying when you are trying to actually get rid of things. It is on my todo list to sort out features and make roads delete-able. There is also a outstanding todo from Tom to make roads and features have an upkeep cost.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Cipheron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 06:01:22 AM »
It might be a bug then, I have two towns which have "ghost" features which were destroyed, no longer appear in the construction screen list, but are on the map.

One of which was a town I inherited with the destroyed feature which isn't in the list of things, and the second one occured afterwards when I was trying to see if I could get rid of a road I placed to the wrong point by accident. After that happened I inferred why the "missing" feature in the first town had gotten that way.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 06:11:13 AM by Cipheron »