Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Helpline / Re: Artifacts - Dead creator
« Last post by Andrew on January 27, 2018, 10:56:35 PM »
The same way you assigned it originally, through your user account menus: http://mightandfealty.com/en/artifacts/owned
Helpline / Re: Re-founding old realms
« Last post by Andrew on January 27, 2018, 10:55:34 PM »
If it was a top-level realm, you can't yet, at least not without me going in and manipulating the database (no).

As for subrealms, the ruler of the realm above them can recreate them.
« Last post by Ehndras on January 27, 2018, 08:43:57 PM »
How do we re-assign a "lost" artifact? I can't find the "Tear of Armok" after I killed off Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armor :(
Conduct & Design Discussion / Re: How to Tutorial
« Last post by Ehndras on January 27, 2018, 08:42:56 PM »
Inclined to agree. Having counters/stats that keep track of certain things has often spurned me to try things I never would otherwise.
Helpline / Re-founding old realms
« Last post by Ehndras on January 27, 2018, 08:40:06 PM »
Noticed a few old realms pop back into existence recently. How do we bring back old realms? I don't see the option anywhere. I assume you have to have been a ruler of said realm at some point? If so, I'd love to bring back some of the realms I've ruled.

Sadly, some genius renamed Arrakesh and wiped out its data, but there are plenty of others that could use a come-back.
Announcements / December 2017 Report
« Last post by Andrew on January 26, 2018, 11:55:47 AM »
Salutations Everyone,

Sorry about the delay in getting these out, but I had been focusing mostly on the upcoming update and life stuff.

As per usual, first, lets talk funding.

Income & Must Pays
(Keeping the Lights on)
TypeAmountNotes
Credit Purchases+105.00 EURHow much we received from players purchasing credits
PayPal Transaction Fees-3.05 EUREstimated Percent lost in fees to PayPal
PayPal Transaction Fees-3.00 USDPer Transation fees to PayPal
Hosting Costs-40 USDAmount spent on server hosting

Total= 84.09 USDMonthly Total
Leftover+ 28.17From Previous Month
YTD= 112.26 USDYear to Date Total

Like I mentioned last month, the joys of the credit system. It's not exactly predictable, but I'm not complaining.

What else would we, ideally, pay for though?

Additional Costs
(Things that improve the situation)
Advertising Costs-60.64 USDAmount spent on Google ads (Results will be broken down below)
Test Server Costs-40 USDAmount spent on the test server's hosting

Total-100.77 USD

As you can see, that costs a bit of money. The test server uses the exact same hosting plan as the live server, and has much of the same data, allowing us to push big updates to it first in order to make sure they don't catastrophically break something. It's not a required costs, but it's very much a nice thing to have. In regards to the advertising costs, that's got its own table below that goes more in-depth. These are the things I handle myself, as the game can't currently afford their cost.

Advertising Info
(New players are good thing)
TypeViewsClicksInteraction RateCost
Text Ad6,7683425.05%30.40 USD
Display Ad34,6047142.06%30.24 USD

Total41,3721,0562.55%60.64 USD

Like I said before though, this is something I've been paying for, myself, for quite a while now. From March of 15 through October of 16, I was paying for just a text ad. In November of 2016, I added the display (picture) ad. Lifetime, they've gotten 27,825 people to at least look at Might & Fealty.

Subscribers & Purchases
(What credits are spent on)
TypeAmountNotes
Subscriptions11,100 Credits
Heraldry1,500 Credits
Culture Packs0 Credits

Total12,600 Credits

How many players do we have though?

Players
(How many gods?)
Count TypeAmountNotes
7-day142 Players
14-day154 Players
30-day169 Players

Based on that, the game has gained, as of this posting, 7 returning players over the last month and a half. Soon, I'll update the method I use to get this info so it does a lot of this for me, and shows me a better breakdown of info, but until then, this is what you're getting.
« Last post by WVH on January 25, 2018, 02:56:40 PM »
Awesome.  Thanks everyone
« Last post by Andrew on January 25, 2018, 12:29:51 PM »
Just to make sure I understand, the "user" is the player account and not the orig. creator of the item as it is listed in a characters history?

The creating character is dead and the item holder is blighted.  My other character wants the item...so has to go and capture the blighted character.  Before I allow that to happen, I want to make sure that accidentally killing the character in the battle that has to take place to capture her, will not force the artifact to be lost because the game can not find its creator.

So if user means my account, cool! If you intended to say creator... not as cool.

Characters do not create artifacts. Users do. Users then choose to place the artifact with one of their characters. For now, unless the game is certain that someone could take it (via kill or execution), artifacts return to the user on holder death. This will eventually change, but no idea when.
« Last post by De-Legro on January 24, 2018, 09:50:55 PM »
Can only talk for my artifact, but it has no listed "creating" character. The first mention of any character is the character it was first assigned to.
« Last post by Demivar on January 24, 2018, 08:39:53 PM »
Just to make sure I understand, the "user" is the player account and not the orig. creator of the item as it is listed in a characters history?

The creating character is dead and the item holder is blighted.  My other character wants the item...so has to go and capture the blighted character.  Before I allow that to happen, I want to make sure that accidentally killing the character in the battle that has to take place to capture her, will not force the artifact to be lost because the game can not find its creator.

So if user means my account, cool! If you intended to say creator... not as cool.
It returns to the account.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]