Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: A Discussion On Allowing Non-Human First Ones
« Last post by Esotericus on March 08, 2018, 06:47:35 AM »
I agree strongly with both Foxglove and Ayruin, above.
Adding new races just to do so would only cause confusion, really.
There is a LOT of potential culture already existing that should be worked with and emphasized that will provide the same effect with less confusion ans potential game imbalance.
Off-topic Chat / Hello! Peeps :)
« Last post by Rolandarise on February 28, 2018, 12:33:58 AM »
Hello :)

How is everyone doing today? :)

a few photos of my dog Rosco to brighten the place up :)

Does anyone else have anyone pet pics to show? :)

Regards
Off-topic Chat / Re: Helllo! newbie on the forum!
« Last post by Cipheron on February 26, 2018, 12:10:36 AM »
Hi People!

Not long joined up! I hope "<board name>" is ok to post in, saw a few posts by <frequent poster name> and thought i could contribute here :)

I tried to reply to <thread by frequent poster> but it popped up an error, is it because i'm new? (i assume it is lol)

I'm currently watching stranger things! > <spam payload link> < mine is ALL of em lol :)

Best Regards
Off-topic Chat / Re: Helllo! newbie on the forum!
« Last post by De-Legro on February 25, 2018, 10:18:52 PM »
No dodgy links thanks.
« Last post by Ayruin on February 25, 2018, 10:11:01 PM »
What I think would be cool is a dynamic system. Here's a rough idea:

Have ethnic groups, derived from realms / subrealms. You can pick one as your primary identity when you spawn you character, and the realm creator gets to specify a set of (optional) bonuses and penalties for the realm. Children would be able to inherit the primary ethnicity of either parent. Possibly, allow characters to change ethnicity based on other realm memberships available to them, and based on marriage, so you can marry someone to get a new ethnicity, giving another use for marriages.

Optionally, allow each ethnic group to get certain +/- values for e.g. living in certain terrains, or for raising / leading certain troop types. I'd split terrains into three groups, mountains/hills, forests/marsh, plains/scrub, and troop ability into three groups too, archers, cavalry and infantry. So you could e.g. get a +2 in hill/mountain production and +2 in archers, but you'd have to take -1 in everything else to get that, or you can have an ethnicity that's an all-rounder. e.g. a large realm like Ascalon would probably make "Ascalonian" have the generic settings, and players could choose just to identify as "Ascalonian", but sub-realm ethnicities would be more specialized based on what terrain and resources are available to them.

I like it, but to stop the proliferation of pointless cultures I think making a culture should require a credit spend. The traits would have to be small enough to not seriously affect the game, otherwise as stated by others we will see min/maxing, but they should exist as their presence is a reinforcement of the culture, regardless of the effect they actually have in game.
« Last post by cred on February 25, 2018, 08:46:15 PM »
Any player can create their own culture and have it described on their realm's page. As for non-human races, I don't know. I'd rather have a different trait system than that.
Off-topic Chat / Helllo! newbie on the forum!
« Last post by Rolandarise on February 25, 2018, 01:07:11 PM »
Hi People!

Not long joined up! I hope "Off-topic Chat" is ok to post in, saw a few posts by Demivar and thought i could contribute here :)

I tried to reply to Idea: CK2: M Total Conversion Mod but it popped up an error, is it because i'm new? (i assume it is lol)

I'm currently watching stranger things! >[snip] < mine is ALL of em lol :)

Best Regards
« Last post by The Vintroth on February 23, 2018, 11:58:39 PM »

Have ethnic groups, derived from realms / subrealms. You can pick one as your primary identity when you spawn you character, and the realm creator gets to specify a set of (optional) bonuses and penalties for the realm. Children would be able to inherit the primary ethnicity of either parent. Possibly, allow characters to change ethnicity based on other realm memberships available to them, and based on marriage, so you can marry someone to get a new ethnicity, giving another use for marriages.

Optionally, allow each ethnic group to get certain +/- values for e.g. living in certain terrains, or for raising / leading certain troop types. I'd split terrains into three groups, mountains/hills, forests/marsh, plains/scrub, and troop ability into three groups too, archers, cavalry and infantry. So you could e.g. get a +2 in hill/mountain production and +2 in archers, but you'd have to take -1 in everything else to get that, or you can have an ethnicity that's an all-rounder. e.g. a large realm like Ascalon would probably make "Ascalonian" have the generic settings, and players could choose just to identify as "Ascalonian", but sub-realm ethnicities would be more specialized based on what terrain and resources are available to them.

While I would like to see cultures, such as Ascalonian, Eldamari, Mercian, etc etc, within the game, I don't think giving them specific bonus is a great idea. Largely because it will likely lead to min-maxing which I'd argue harms the game. - Rather, the reason I would like to see cultures is because lore and setting. That is what ties *actual characters* down and generally forces you to play them or at least generally follow along or you'd be laughed out IC.

Not that bonuses can't be interesting or well done, for in many games they are. But I believe for a game like Might and Fealty, it won't do the same thing.
« Last post by Cipheron on February 23, 2018, 11:17:52 PM »

« Last post by De-Legro on February 23, 2018, 01:20:48 AM »
I, somewhat, have to now agree. I think fantasy races, likely, shouldn't be fully implemented. However, I do believe, (and this is what I originally wished to do), would be 'half-breeds' of First Ones who may have had relations with other races. It'd allow a slight amount of diversity, and still possibly work with the lore?

Honetly, I just wished to try out a half-goblin character, disfigured and goblinesque. So, in a way, I do want races in, but I don't wish for traditional full fantasy races. I agree with De-Legro, with how all of these new races would break lore. I *do* want halfbreeds though.

I hate the concept of "half" breeds generally, as it implies a race relationship unless we wave our "magic" hands. So are we saying that First Ones and Goblins are genetically similar enough to produce offspring? Are we going to compile a list of approved half breed races? Currently beyond humans there are whatever races exist in dungeons as "official". I have heard of some human/First One half breeds. I think there may even a previous forum discussion about it.

If you want a disfigured character, just do what I did and play a horribly crippled/disfigured character. There are plenty of accidents and incidents in life that would leave you nice and grotesque.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10