Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Developing Might & Fealty / Re: Third slot overhaul
« Last post by silvershot on June 16, 2017, 03:12:21 PM »
I like that idea. The divisions of items between the equipment slots have never really made that much sense to me. For example, why can't you have a sword, a shield, and a horse? You're using a broadsword from the back of a horse and not falling off? That's impressive. Why can archers carry shields when it would look ridiculous for a bowman to be walking along holding a longbow in one hand and a shield in the other? The only way I've ever been able to rationalize the longbowman with a shield is that they plant the shield in the soil and stand behind it to fire their longbows.

A more free form system would be great. You want to have soldiers who wield two swords? Go on then. You want to have riders with sword and shield? Fine.

However, I can see that all of that would need a huge rebalancing of the entire equipment system and some way to prevent a free form combination such as broadsword, platemail, shield, warhorse, being stupidly overpowered.

It would also be great if the equipment system had some actual logic to it that prevented combinations of equipment that would either never be possible in real life or just wouldn't make sense. For example, halberd and horse; platemail and longbow; horse and longbow; etc.

Well, shields can be strapped/slotted over one's forearm; a buckler would generally be required to be held. A shield approximately the same size as a buckler could theoretically be worn while actually using a bow. Furthermore, especially in regards to crossbowmen, options such as a Pavise to use as cover.

Longbows can feasibly be used from horseback, but not likely with typical horse archer tactics and probably with less efficiency in trade for greater mobility (and likely survivability). I know this is generally more eurocentric, but Samurai used a type of recurve longbow from horseback. I imagine that mounted longbowmen would generally maintain formation and fight more or less as their unmounted variants would.
Conduct & Design Discussion / Re: Reassigning Self-Owned Realms to Eachother
« Last post by silvershot on June 16, 2017, 02:40:22 PM »
No, the option is unavailable, even after abdicating (from the Barony) with the Count and assigning the Barony to be ruled by another of my characters.
« Last post by Constantine on June 16, 2017, 09:31:18 AM »
First picture - that's a spear. Second picture - not a combat situation, the guy is travelling.
« Last post by Gustav Kuriga on June 16, 2017, 01:52:59 AM »
You are simply wrong.

You sure about that?

Conduct & Design Discussion / Re: Reassigning Self-Owned Realms to Eachother
« Last post by Demivar on June 15, 2017, 05:16:35 PM »
If you get another character within your County to be in your interaction range (by entering your settlement, most likely, you can go to Politics, go to the Diplomacy section of your Barony, click change realm, then select your County and it should slot right back into the hierarchy.

Hopefully this helps.

Conduct & Design Discussion / Reassigning Self-Owned Realms to Eachother
« Last post by silvershot on June 15, 2017, 03:59:13 PM »
Recently, my primary character was promoted as Count of a new County, and he previously (and currently) is Baron of his original Barony. However, he cannot assign his Barony as part of his County, which seems as though it should be possible since he is ruler of both, and I do not think it is unheard for for an individual to hold multiple titles, even in the same hierarchy of realms. (Definitely not in Crusader Kings 2; when you start as Count Guy of Macon and manage to take control of the Duchy of Burgundy or Kingdom of Burgundy! But I know that's also just another game...)

The idea isn't to abolish the realm and remove the title or anything of the sort, and in fact once I get things as stable as I'd like, I'd very much like to spread some of the love and hope to have more folks playing and interested in the game. However, in the short term, especially with some soon planned actions, this would have been one of the best courses of action for me.
« Last post by Constantine on June 15, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »
Halberds can and were used on horseback aswell as far as I am aware,
You are simply wrong.
« Last post by Andre on June 15, 2017, 02:36:56 PM »
Halberds can and were used on horseback aswell as far as I am aware, and other similar weapons that are also large and not purely for stabbing.
« Last post by Constantine on June 15, 2017, 02:32:07 PM »
Actually it does make a certain amount of sense. While using a longbow in Plate is perfectly possible as far as I know, atleast if you remove your gauntlets. It would still be even a bit more difficult to do so than if you had say only leather armor or chainmail.

And as I said, historically people have used two handed and quite large weapons perfectly well on horseback.
Yes, historically polearms were used on horseback. Not halberds though.
But the question is what's more difficult: using a longbow in heavy armour or effectively wielding a halberd on horseback?
Anyway it is not even about difficulty but about soldiers being allowed to equip said combinations of items.
« Last post by Andre on June 15, 2017, 01:04:14 PM »
Actually it does make a certain amount of sense. While using a longbow in Plate is perfectly possible as far as I know, atleast if you remove your gauntlets. It would still be even a bit more difficult to do so than if you had say only leather armor or chainmail.

And as I said, historically people have used two handed and quite large weapons perfectly well on horseback.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]