Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Creating Might & Fealty / Re: Top Level Position Types
« Last post by Andrew on August 06, 2017, 12:59:13 PM »
The first iteration of this is going to be loaded to testing tonight, if anyone is curious what I had in mind.
General Discussion / Re: Things to Do
« Last post by De-Legro on August 05, 2017, 03:35:03 AM »
Being able to duel with other FO, either to death or till one of the participants is wounded.
Maybe make it somewhat like the dungeon system, using or learning moves (stabbing , slashing, kicking,  shield bashing etc.).

Hunting. A less dangerous version of dungeon explorations. Various animals depending on the biome with a small chance to stumble apon a truly dangerous beast.

There is a way to duel, its just annoy to set up.

[Moderator De-Legro actions. Cleaning up this reply. While several of us, including myself derailed this topic Andrew has requested it get back on track, so I am removing posts that might fan the off topic discussion again. Ideally, get your personal feuds off the forum.]

A dead horse to beat on? All self-deprecating jokes aside, perhaps a way to funnel new recruits to a specific settlement? It would have to be relatively short-ranged to avoid people sending troops from halfway across the map, but this would make it much, MUCH easier for players who don't have the time available to actively fight a war to still contribute to the strength of a realm. It would possibly also put more emphasis on regional power rather than full on centralization.

There would have to be something to keep besieged towns from receiving these troops magically (someone blocking travel at the settlement should also block said soldiers), and a delay between when the soldier is recruited, and when they show up in the settlement they were sent to, based on distance.

Part of my plans with making military units an actual thing is the ability to set up recruitment to funnel to marshaling area's. It might not get off the ground though because the other devs aren't thrilled with removing the character element from troops interactions
« Last post by cenrae on August 05, 2017, 01:00:54 AM »
Very much like the hunting idea.
Creating Might & Fealty / Re: Monsters, Dungeons, and Brigands
« Last post by cred on August 04, 2017, 10:44:42 PM »
Here is what I got for now.
Ghouls . A lot of superstitious mortals consider these creatures as the reincarnation of the vengeful spirits of those who had a gruesome  death or didn't die peacefully or reconciled. They usually can be found living in forests, swamps or mountains, but they can be also seen in grasslands where there is plentiful of food. While they usually feed on various animals or the occasional unfortunate mortal that gets lost from his way in the wilderness, as their numbers grow they will start to attack the livestock in the outlined farms (you might get a messages about missing animals and weird sights and also notice a loss in food production).

If the problem is ignored, they will start attacking and killing locals and even soldiers, causing panic, loss of population  and nobody will want to work outside the settlement, negatively affecting food, metal and wood production. The level of infestation might range from small (a large pack of them in one lair) to huge (a few hundreds in one or even two lairs).

Except for their negative effect on settlements,  they are not supposed to be a formidable foe. Even a large infestation can be dealt with 150-200 good troops, as every ghoul is slightly stronger than a soldier with spear, cloth and short sword.

Hadn't really thought much about their description, except that they are vaguely humanoid, carnivorous, are very agile and fast and have large talons.
« Last post by cred on August 04, 2017, 09:45:15 PM »
Being able to duel with other FO, either to death or till one of the participants is wounded.
Maybe make it somewhat like the dungeon system, using or learning moves (stabbing , slashing, kicking,  shield bashing etc.).

Hunting. A less dangerous version of dungeon explorations. Various animals depending on the biome with a small chance to stumble apon a truly dangerous beast.

General Discussion / Re: The Value of Experienced Soldiers
« Last post by WVH on August 04, 2017, 07:57:43 PM »

[size=78%]They ARE weaker realms for a reason.  Being new or weak, they have to get strong with armies or politics or they do not cause trouble and draw negative attention to themselves.  Sort of a big part of the game.  I mean if I come at you with 1000 heavy cavalry, does it really matter that 50 of them have experience over 100?[/size]

If that argument is deemed valid... two things come to mind.

1. When they reach X number of experience, can a tally be ran that shows how well they did in battle?  Did they always run, were they ruthless killers, half and half?  Let that be the factor that says if they get a perk or not.  I dont know that this information is stored?

2. What is the life expectancy of a mortal?  Is there one or is it just an idea that they are not mortals because they can die in combat?  Do they die with starvation or just move away?  Birth rates?  Point being that a soldier could be given an expiration date.

Creating Might & Fealty / Re: Slumbering nobles
« Last post by Demivar on August 04, 2017, 05:06:28 PM »
Character 1665 who is alive can see several if not more contacts when creating new messages that are dead. Such as [C:1739 and C:372]. All three of these are my own characters.
As far as I am aware, in the game's earlier stages contacts were not removed upon death. This was later fixed, but characters who had contact with people that died at the time currently retain these contacts in their lists.
« Last post by cenrae on August 04, 2017, 04:46:20 PM »
Character 1665 who is alive can see several if not more contacts when creating new messages that are dead. Such as [C:1739 and C:372]. All three of these are my own characters.
« Last post by Andrew on August 03, 2017, 12:22:04 PM »
Please explain, and/or give examples. Of the dead being contactable that is.

The reason you can't search for them though? Because there are thousands of characters and limiting the results to those that are living makes things faster.

Adding an option for searching the dead though, could be worthwhile. On the flipside, part of the fun is things being lost to time, and I think this encourages that.
Creating Might & Fealty / Re: travel dates and battle timers
« Last post by Andrew on August 03, 2017, 12:19:20 PM »
All times in game are in server time. Right now that's GMT+1. After August 19th, it'll be GMT-6 (or sometimes 5, because Daylight Savings). Everything that says it'll end at HH:MM on date? Server time.

Honestly, if we standardized these, I'd rather we make it something a player can toggle. So things will either say timestamps or game dates. That'd require some functionality that doesn't presently exist though I think. That said, making them display both should be hard. The server itself does everything in full timestamps anyways.

Roads do have an effect but this is NOT reflected on travel estimations. For the record, high quality roads are up to 50% faster. :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10