« Last post by RonnieSew on March 16, 2018, 09:01:52 AM »
v bucks fortnite xbox  v bucks fortnite xbox
Off-topic Chat / fortnite cheats glitches
« Last post by RonnieSew on March 16, 2018, 06:51:41 AM »
fortnite cheats glitches  fortnite cheats glitches
Off-topic Chat / fortnite free v bucks battle royale
« Last post by RonnieSew on March 15, 2018, 11:56:20 PM »
fortnite free v bucks battle royale  fortnite free v bucks battle royale
General Discussion / The biggest mistakes I ever made in MF are...?
« Last post by WVH on March 12, 2018, 02:42:09 PM »
Half asleep this morning, I accidentally disbanded (instead of set as militia) 330 warriors, most of them heavy cavalry.

Made me wonder what other very stupid mistakes people have made?  Anyone?
General Discussion / Re: A Discussion On Allowing Non-Human First Ones
« Last post by Esotericus on March 08, 2018, 06:47:35 AM »
I agree strongly with both Foxglove and Ayruin, above.
Adding new races just to do so would only cause confusion, really.
There is a LOT of potential culture already existing that should be worked with and emphasized that will provide the same effect with less confusion ans potential game imbalance.
Off-topic Chat / Hello! Peeps :)
« Last post by Rolandarise on February 28, 2018, 12:33:58 AM »
Hello :)
How is everyone doing today? :)
a few photos of my dog Rosco to brighten the place up :)

Does anyone else have anyone pet pics to show? :)
Off-topic Chat / Re: Helllo! newbie on the forum!
« Last post by Cipheron on February 26, 2018, 12:10:36 AM »
Hi People!
Not long joined up! I hope "<board name>" is ok to post in, saw a few posts by <frequent poster name> and thought i could contribute here :)
I tried to reply to <thread by frequent poster> but it popped up an error, is it because i'm new? (i assume it is lol)
I'm currently watching stranger things! > <spam payload link> < mine is ALL of em lol :)
Best Regards
Off-topic Chat / Re: Helllo! newbie on the forum!
« Last post by De-Legro on February 25, 2018, 10:18:52 PM »
No dodgy links thanks.
General Discussion / Re: A Discussion On Allowing Non-Human First Ones
« Last post by Ayruin on February 25, 2018, 10:11:01 PM »
What I think would be cool is a dynamic system. Here's a rough idea:

Have ethnic groups, derived from realms / subrealms. You can pick one as your primary identity when you spawn you character, and the realm creator gets to specify a set of (optional) bonuses and penalties for the realm. Children would be able to inherit the primary ethnicity of either parent. Possibly, allow characters to change ethnicity based on other realm memberships available to them, and based on marriage, so you can marry someone to get a new ethnicity, giving another use for marriages.

Optionally, allow each ethnic group to get certain +/- values for e.g. living in certain terrains, or for raising / leading certain troop types. I'd split terrains into three groups, mountains/hills, forests/marsh, plains/scrub, and troop ability into three groups too, archers, cavalry and infantry. So you could e.g. get a +2 in hill/mountain production and +2 in archers, but you'd have to take -1 in everything else to get that, or you can have an ethnicity that's an all-rounder. e.g. a large realm like Ascalon would probably make "Ascalonian" have the generic settings, and players could choose just to identify as "Ascalonian", but sub-realm ethnicities would be more specialized based on what terrain and resources are available to them.

I like it, but to stop the proliferation of pointless cultures I think making a culture should require a credit spend. The traits would have to be small enough to not seriously affect the game, otherwise as stated by others we will see min/maxing, but they should exist as their presence is a reinforcement of the culture, regardless of the effect they actually have in game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10