Author Topic: Activation email.  (Read 72 times)

Ralinth

• View Profile
Activation email.
« on: August 26, 2017, 07:15:52 PM »
So I registered for the forums and got the activation email right away. Registered for the game over 2 hours ago and have not got the activation email for that yet. How long does it normally take to get the email?

Demivar

• Purveyor of cunning plans.
    • View Profile
Re: Activation email.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 08:09:49 PM »
We've recently changed servers, and from what I've skim read this might mean that the source of the emails has changed too.

If the email server isn't working correctly, this may be a problem that only Andrew can solve, though at a glance there may be another solution. When I registered, I did so with an @hotmail.co.uk address, which didn't work and I ended up needing to use my gmail.com address (this is due to the former server host being German). The address could be an issue, else it's an issue with the server change which happened only days ago.

I've nudged Andrew on Discord, but due to timezones he might not be available for at least another half a day.
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Radovid's like you
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: but then insane
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Dijkstra is like you

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
Re: Activation email.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 08:45:27 PM »
Hm. Normally, emails are sent every five minutes, down from 15 before the move. I know emails are going out because I occasionally get kick-backs from Google, AOL, and the like, and I do see it logging several emails being sent around the time you stated. I've even got one from yesterday to one of my old yahoo accounts. At this rate, I'm going to have to make this server start CC'ing itself.

Either way, your account has been activated.

If/when you do see the email, please let me know how long it took.

Edit: And apparently it went from sending out 0 to sending out 23 on the last mailer run. *sigh* Lets try slowing it down to 10 minutes instead of 5 and see if things steady out.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 08:51:46 PM by Andrew »
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)