Author Topic: Slumbering nobles  (Read 182 times)

Constantine

• View Profile
Slumbering nobles
« on: August 02, 2017, 03:55:44 PM »
Please remove the names of slumbering nobles from existing contacts list and conversations.
If possible, remove slumbering nobles from the map altogether so people don't kill them off on purpose. There's no value in keeping slumberers in game. If a slumberer wakes up place him back on the map with no troops and outside settlement walls.

Kuromei

• View Profile
Re: Slumbering nobles
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 05:13:02 PM »
I think this is an alright idea.
But Slumbers should still be present on the map, to be killable. I don't want to take a settlement and wonder how many bloody invisible ghosts slumberers are inside.

Just decrease the detection range to everyone inside the settlement and nobody outside to prevent Slumber hunters (Not that it's ever been a problem for me, the two characters I actually ever got into trouble slumbering, was deserved, and one was allowed to live because Turant was a gentleman and dropped her sleeping form off somewhere safe). How would someone outside even know who's sleeping in a random room inside? In the end it's still the player's fault for leaving his beloved characters. If the settlement they own has been taken from them before they wake up they're booted outside/automatically made prisoner.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 05:18:09 PM »
I don't want to take a settlement and wonder how many bloody invisible ghosts slumberers are inside.
That's why I specifically suggested to place slumberers outside the walls if they resurface. My suggestion only consisted of four sentences and you managed to completely ignore a quarter of it.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 01:25:57 AM »
Slumbering is a sickness, the only one that affects the First Ones that we are currently aware of, and thus I believe we should in the most part be terrified of it. I am all for moving slumbers so they don't simply become XP farms, but then we are already talking about ways to reduce/eliminate the practice of RP farming. To achieve continuity I would rather see all slumbered moved to a certain location, a hospital/isolation for them if you will. Certainly that would be more work, and require far more details then I have outlined, but to me that fits the game better then just disappearing them.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 04:26:56 AM »
Slumberers as an xp farm is being killed in the code.

Removing them from the main contact list is on my to-do list. Mind you, they'd still be accessible, but as a separate list, ideally.

I won't remove them from the map though. I may however add in code to easily capture them for relocation.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 05:15:16 AM »
Slumberers as an xp farm is being killed in the code.

Removing them from the main contact list is on my to-do list. Mind you, they'd still be accessible, but as a separate list, ideally.

I won't remove them from the map though. I may however add in code to easily capture them for relocation.

On my to do list for the message system is the ability to organise contacts. Like BM there will be some auto generated categories, like realm lists. Slumbering could easily be another auto generated list.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

cenrae

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 06:39:33 AM »
In a related topic why are dead still on your contact list but then do not show up when you search for them to get their character number?
Clan Skies | House Kye on BM

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 12:22:04 PM »
Please explain, and/or give examples. Of the dead being contactable that is.

The reason you can't search for them though? Because there are thousands of characters and limiting the results to those that are living makes things faster.

Adding an option for searching the dead though, could be worthwhile. On the flipside, part of the fun is things being lost to time, and I think this encourages that.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

cenrae

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 04:46:20 PM »
Character 1665 who is alive can see several if not more contacts when creating new messages that are dead. Such as [C:1739 and C:372]. All three of these are my own characters.
Clan Skies | House Kye on BM

Demivar

• Purveyor of cunning plans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 05:06:28 PM »
Character 1665 who is alive can see several if not more contacts when creating new messages that are dead. Such as [C:1739 and C:372]. All three of these are my own characters.
As far as I am aware, in the game's earlier stages contacts were not removed upon death. This was later fixed, but characters who had contact with people that died at the time currently retain these contacts in their lists.
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Radovid's like you
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: but then insane
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Dijkstra is like you