Author Topic: Fixing Evasion  (Read 188 times)

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
Fixing Evasion
« on: August 01, 2017, 01:16:00 PM »
The evasion mechanics are broke, and I took some time to look at the code for how this works and think I have a decent understanding of it.

Since battle isn't my forte though (I'm more a builder/roleplayer), can someone run me through what actually happens and what the problem is.

After that, lets take a moment to figure out how to fix it. I'm pretty sure I've got an idea, but I need to make sure we're all on the same page on this.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fixing Evasion
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 04:25:28 PM »
The evasion mechanics are broke, and I took some time to look at the code for how this works and think I have a decent understanding of it.

Since battle isn't my forte though (I'm more a builder/roleplayer), can someone run me through what actually happens and what the problem is.

After that, lets take a moment to figure out how to fix it. I'm pretty sure I've got an idea, but I need to make sure we're all on the same page on this.

When you evade and fail, your character will start moving. Now I am not clear on the next big. I known the evade attempt is stored in the browser session, but don't know if it is stored when you start the siege base attempt, or upon failure. Either way if that session data is lost through many different methods, you can attempt to evade again.
He who was once known as Blackfyre