Author Topic: Reassigning Self-Owned Realms to Eachother  (Read 167 times)

silvershot

• View Profile
Reassigning Self-Owned Realms to Eachother
« on: June 15, 2017, 03:59:13 PM »
Recently, my primary character was promoted as Count of a new County, and he previously (and currently) is Baron of his original Barony. However, he cannot assign his Barony as part of his County, which seems as though it should be possible since he is ruler of both, and I do not think it is unheard for for an individual to hold multiple titles, even in the same hierarchy of realms. (Definitely not in Crusader Kings 2; when you start as Count Guy of Macon and manage to take control of the Duchy of Burgundy or Kingdom of Burgundy! But I know that's also just another game...)

The idea isn't to abolish the realm and remove the title or anything of the sort, and in fact once I get things as stable as I'd like, I'd very much like to spread some of the love and hope to have more folks playing and interested in the game. However, in the short term, especially with some soon planned actions, this would have been one of the best courses of action for me.

Demivar

• Purveyor of cunning plans.
    • View Profile
Re: Reassigning Self-Owned Realms to Eachother
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 05:16:35 PM »
If you get another character within your County to be in your interaction range (by entering your settlement, most likely, you can go to Politics, go to the Diplomacy section of your Barony, click change realm, then select your County and it should slot right back into the hierarchy.

Hopefully this helps.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 05:18:51 PM by Demivar »
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Radovid's like you
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: but then insane
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Dijkstra is like you

silvershot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 02:40:22 PM »
No, the option is unavailable, even after abdicating (from the Barony) with the Count and assigning the Barony to be ruled by another of my characters.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 02:46:23 PM by silvershot »

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 04:31:45 PM »
To change the assignment of realms you need two characters in interaction range (and on the same side of walls). The other character has to be part of the realm you want to join.

That said, I will make a note that you should be able to join the realms you're already part of.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

silvershot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 05:34:39 PM »
To change the assignment of realms you need two characters in interaction range (and on the same side of walls). The other character has to be part of the realm you want to join.

That said, I will make a note that you should be able to join the realms you're already part of.

As confirmation, both of my characters are within the walls of the same location. It seems it might require that one of the characters be from another player; which doesn't sound like it's actually intended.

Another player who is trying to establish this hierarchy is moving to the location as well, and we'll see if a character of theirs moving to an appropriate realm will allow the action. If it's a bug, I'm sure it could help indicate where it might exist.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 07:57:51 PM »
If you send me your character IDs, I can take a look at this.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

silvershot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 08:08:44 PM »
If you send me your character IDs, I can take a look at this.

9388 (The Count and currently co-Baron)
9583 (The Co-Baron)

The original state was that 9388 was the only Baron; Then co-Baron; then not-a-Baron and back to co-Baron. I did not have the option under any of those circumstances (it did not even appear in the list as greyed out under 'Diplomacy' -> 'Change Realm')

Edit:

I feel like a butt; I forgot to change permissions after gaining the new settlement (seat of the County) and I hit "Enter Settlement" without  paying attention to the fact it said "You do not have permission to enter this settlement, you can always force your way in..."

Sorry, sorry. It's handled now. Definitely a PEBCAK/ID10T. This is a lesson why you should always do or at least check everything IT or other devs tell you, even if you've already done it or you're confident it's not the issue.

I'm a developer, this was bad of me!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 09:02:41 PM by silvershot »