Author Topic: How to Format In-Game Text  (Read 148 times)

New Player 123

• View Profile
How to Format In-Game Text
« on: June 14, 2017, 01:20:34 AM »
How do I bold and italicize in-game text? <i></i> and [(i)][/(i)] aren't working.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 01:22:13 AM by New Player 123 »

Demivar

• Purveyor of cunning plans.
    • View Profile
Re: How to Format In-Game Text
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 08:38:07 AM »
You can see via the syntax help button which you can find in the box that appears when you're writing a message into an existing conversation. To italicise, surround the text text with asterisks (*s), ie; *not one step back* would come out as not one step back in game. The same applies to double asterisks (**) for bold text and (***) for bold and italicised text. Lists and other such functions are explained in the syntax help text.

The only codes which can be used ingame are reference codes which currently work and have search functions for characters, settlements and realms. They should look like [c:number], [s:number] or [r:number] respectively, and when the message is sent the message will contain a permanent link to that page. One thing to note, however, is that the game will always show the current name. For example, if I wrote a letter calling for an attack of the settlement of Erikstadt, and after the war we renamed it to Borisborg, if I then checked the message that I sent two months later, it would show the settlement as being called Borisborg, as the game simply takes the reference and finds its current name.
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Radovid's like you
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: but then insane
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Dijkstra is like you

New Player 123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 10:55:14 AM »
To italicise, surround the text text with asterisks (*s), ie; *not one step back* would come out as not one step back in game. The same applies to double asterisks (**) for bold text and (***) for bold and italicised text. Lists and other such functions are explained in the syntax help text.

Hmm . . . I'm trying to format text on a realm page. The asterisks don't seem to be working there. Is there a different syntax for realm pages?

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 02:24:59 PM »
Realm pages work the same way as the character descriptions and conversation messages.

It is important to note however, that the asterisks only work on a paragraph at a time.

Which realm page are you trying to edit?
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

New Player 123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 03:11:22 AM »
I think I may have found the problem. The syntax works fine for formatting text in realm descriptions, but does nothing in formal descriptions for realm positions. I'm getting the sense that that's working as designed?

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 10:14:07 AM »
I knew there was one of the fields that didn't format things like all the rest, but hadn't gotten around to figuring out which it was.

That's on my TODO List now.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)