Author Topic: Major Cultures of the Game  (Read 2051 times)

Foxglove

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Major Cultures of the Game
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 03:56:33 PM »
Roran properly played a dynasty of other characters and at various junctures attempted to expand those playing in the family. It’s also worth noting that Richard of Arescod is still the King of Ascalon, and in terms of a family name, I’d certainly say that the House of Arescod is very well known.

Yeah, I'd been reconsidering Arescod since I wrote the first post. The House of Arescod would stand as a famous family. There are also a few that were around earlier in the game. The Aerinia (I've probably spelt that wrong) family springs to mind.

Believe it or not, there is also a strange “Eastern” side of the map which doesn’t touch the Isles, yet have still done many things throughout history. At this stage House Plantagenet should be well known, and there are many members of the House.

Yeah, exactly so. That's what I meant about some families being well-known in some spheres and unknown in others. My characters in the Isles have never heard of anyone on the eastern mainland. However, that wasn't always the case as some of my characters who are still alive now travelled widely early in the history of the game, and one of Aldric's daughters was engaged to a member of the ruling House of the Erstes Imperium. In turn, I think very few families from the eastern half of the map have travelled as far as the Isles. Again, Aerinia is the main one that springs to mind.
Standing for the responsible use of power since Year 1, Week 1, Day 1.
Fun fact: I wrote some of the text for the M&F crowdfunding campaign.
Favourite warm beverage: hot chocolate.

Dystopian

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 09:01:34 PM »
Andrew says move on you two. Drop it and move on. Who cares. Stop trying to win or have the last word.

;D  You're right Andrew.

Lasar to me, as someone who wasn't playing in year 1, is a player myth of MF. I've heard of his reign and the rebellion he caused since I first started playing. Thats some magic right there. If you were active from year like 5 onward you couldn't really miss the de Renais' spread out over the Fading Sea (or whatever). As for Arescod, Richard and Roran were different characters for sure. And while there were other living Arescod's they all had a personality or charm. If you were a ruler of the world you knew at least one Arescod from some banquet or feast, or war.  :o

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2017, 12:05:35 PM »
Yes cultures would be nice if properly supported in the game, though we would end up with hundred of them.

As for families, the Eirenikos family is and has always been a single member. While there is background about other members of the family, I am pretty sure that background is so far known only to me. The Symmachus family had a second character, but he died while trying to make a name for himself, and honestly so far as I am concerned Taticus is still just some guy in the shadow of Alexios.
He who was once known as Blackfyre