Author Topic: Notes for list member management  (Read 67 times)

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
Notes for list member management
« on: May 17, 2017, 03:43:39 PM »
If we want to fix the issue of the game selecting the wrong user we need a way to submit the character that the user selects as an ID. Unlike names, ID's for an entity will always be unique. Due to how that page works and being able to type names in and stuff, we either need a hidden field to exist that's populated when people click one of the drop down options or we need to let players just input IDs. ID input on the player side looks bad, but it's guaranteed, so maybe as some form of advanced mode? The previous would be ideal, if it's possible. On that same note, we might be able to add a third field that the user can't edit that depicts the ID selected, then submit that field rather than the text field. This would bypass the charactertransformer, which is where the name/id issue arises.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
Re: Notes for list member management
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 05:25:38 PM »
Actually, being able see character IDs when looking at their information page would be very useful for keeping contacts, separate from the in-game system to do so (as long as there aren't security issues in knowing the ID, which I dont think there are since we get to see them when using them as links in messages). It would allow me to write it in a word doc, and I wouldn't have to hunt through my contacts list. So basically what I'm saying is we should be allowed to message people via manually inputting.

willy

• View Profile
Re: Notes for list member management
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 07:00:29 PM »
This might be more flavor than fix, but why not affix their 'bloodtype'? Would differentiating between the a UK (Unbreakable Keeper of Knowledge) character and the SX character work? Soandso Suchandsuch(UK) and Soandso Suchandsuch(SX). Random idea.