Author Topic: 'unfortified' settlements actually fortified?  (Read 953 times)

Insanegame27

• I am the Bopmaster, master of Bops.
    • View Profile
'unfortified' settlements actually fortified?
« on: June 24, 2016, 11:08:14 AM »
I just came across a settlement which is described as a 'small town, grassland' and has 2478 population. It has everything from palisade to a wood castle, stone walls, wood towers. Palisade, alchemist, wood wall, all that was there. Yet it lacks the thickened circle outline that 'fortified' settlements have (Unfortified settlements are a red circle with a thin black border, defended settlements have a thick black outline).

There is another of the like just to the south of one of my characters which, I can't say for certain, but it most likely is, fortified heavily. These two places were semi-recently attacked and defended in a war. I'm not sure if this is related, but I was able to enter it when it had a militia (although I may have had permissions)

Is this intended?
Now I have a mental image of horses lined up in a goods factory, building things on an assembly line.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
Re: 'unfortified' settlements actually fortified?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 11:15:54 AM »
Please provide the settlement IDs so they can be examined by someone.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Insanegame27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 11:56:04 AM »
[s:3188] and [s:3124] are the two I know of.
Now I have a mental image of horses lined up in a goods factory, building things on an assembly line.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 12:22:36 PM »
I'm fairly certain this is a misunderstanding. Fortifications change the weighting of the black line, but no fortifications means no line at all. Both of those settlements show up as fortified on my map, black ring and all.

For comparison, settlement 1185 has no ring whatsoever because it isn't fortified for RP reasons.

I'm not certain what returns the "fortified" description in the details page, but the map is definitely returning those 2 settlements as fortified.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Insanegame27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 12:40:32 PM »
Interesting, In the details page there is no 'fortified' in the description, and I was allowed in, but I have no idea if I had permissions there.