Author Topic: Need some help with wealth buildings again  (Read 114 times)

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
Need some help with wealth buildings again
« on: May 01, 2017, 06:14:06 PM »
I was under the impression that you needed about double the amount of citizens of how many you needed to build it for it to become profitable to build it. So the amount that it says is maximum efficiency. But I just constructed a Town Hall in a town with almost 3000 people, and it made my wealth drop by -54...
Did I remember wrong or something?

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
Re: Need some help with wealth buildings again
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 08:32:56 PM »
No, it gives you a wealth bonus alright... but it also requires a wealth maintenance I believe, and that's higher than the bonus. >.>

Speaking of, am I the only one who completely ignores anything besides food, metal, and wood?

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 08:43:51 PM »
I mean, I pretty much ignore wood and metal too... food is the ultimate resource. You can substitute workers for lack of other resources, and you get more workers with food. Quite a few of the buildings, atleast the early ones, you can construct in basically no time with 50% of your pop building... even with a heavy negative in resources. And your population won't even have time to drop really.

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 09:45:27 AM »
It literally did nothing. It doesn't produce any gold at all and just demands 65. 91 gold production both before and after abandoning. Shrine also just demands 13 extra gold in that same 2600 pop town.

Do I maybe need like paved streets or something? Maybe there is some mechanic like that? Like gold can't be moved around without them or something, so if you dont have them other buildings that produce gold just don't do anything? Though dirt streets also do literally nothing to either goods or wealth consumption and production.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:53:20 AM by Andre »

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 10:04:09 AM »
Streets provide bonuses only, not raw production. If there's none produced, the bonus they provide just multiplies by zero.

Most settlements won't see money produced until they build a fairground, and won't see money produced outpaced money used until constructing a merchants quarter.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

McTang

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 06:51:44 PM »
Does the wealth of a settlement influence how much gold you receive when levying taxes/looting?