Author Topic: Artefacts  (Read 158 times)

Amble

• View Profile
Artefacts
« on: April 29, 2017, 12:26:38 PM »
Quick question about artefacts. I haven't seen any on any character in the game. The idea seems pretty cool, but are they implemented?

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
Re: Artefacts
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 12:32:19 PM »
They are. Every player that pays for the game gets to create 1. There are plans to make them function similar to heraldry, where you can pay a few credits to buy 1 or 5 or however many.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Demivar

• Purveyor of cunning plans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 12:33:56 PM »
They work, but you have to be able to see the character to view their artefacts.

What you can do, however is view them when you're out of range, provided you know their number. A good couple of examples would be as below.

http://mightandfealty.com/en/artifacts/details/13

http://mightandfealty.com/en/artifacts/details/17

I wouldn't quite recommend looking at all of them as it might spoil the fun, but viewing a couple as examples won't hurt. There are currently 27 as far as I'm aware.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:44:49 PM by Demivar »
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Radovid's like you
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: but then insane
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Dijkstra is like you

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 01:41:18 PM »
What happens when it's lost upon the death of someone? Goes back to the creator? Or the last owners account?

Amble

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 01:19:58 PM »
Awesome, thank you.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 11:18:57 PM »
Andre,

As far as I'm aware, right now, they just go back to the creator, unless it is lost through execution. I believe there are plans though that if they are lost in battle that they are left in the area for others to find.

It's also on our todo list for the equipment overhaul to make artifacts correspond to a type of equipment.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 11:30:08 PM »
How would they be found in the area? Just when randomly walking trough? Or would a dungeon or something be created with the item at the end?

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 01:55:27 AM »
How would they be found in the area? Just when randomly walking trough? Or would a dungeon or something be created with the item at the end?

Good question, one that is unanswered and thus one reason it has not been implemented. There was some discussion about them ending up in dungeons, which in my opinion was probably the "best" way to go. Also some sort of system to attempt to track artifacts, limited information on what artifacts exist and which are lost etc would all be fun stuff to add.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 02:02:55 AM »
I think them going into nearby dungeons or creating a new dungeon if none are available nearby is best too. It will afterall give more reason to explore dungeons. Might even make it possible to add random artefacts that might appear every now and then rarely I guess, if thats a way you wish to go to maybe add more artefacts that might not have a player history but will have a game created history for how they were found and such.