Author Topic: (RP) - The Iungard Gala on 4-42  (Read 4540 times)

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
Re: (RP) - The Iungard Gala on 4-42
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2015, 09:30:27 AM »
Quote from: Alexios Eirenikos on 5-2-2 (February 23, 2015 06:02)
Sensing the aid the Duke gave him, Alexios unleashed the last part of his spell, with a sweeping motion of his lame leg he destroy the pattern he had drawn, and with it he swept the presence of the dark god from Duke Andris, ending the magic he had drawn into being, though the greater presence of Duke Andrews magic remained.

Now came the difficult part, the Judging of the man that remained. There were no inquisitors left among the Hawks that Alexios knew of, indeed the only other member of the blood he knew to have survived was the Crusader Taticus.

"For the time being you are free of that which you carried within you Andris. I know not what folly of yours lead to this situation, nor do I care. I do however care about your intentions from this point"
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2015, 09:30:58 AM »
Quote from: Andris Eglītis on 5-2-2 (February 23, 2015 06:07)
Andris smiled. Things had not gone at all as he had planned, much had been revealed, both to those gathered here and to himself. He had though the presence to merely being aiding him, a ethereal force that followed him. He had not know that it had inhabited his being, nor really did he care. It had promised him power, it had helped him break the traditions that had bound his people and kept them weak, and it aided in setting into motion the death of Alexios, who had attempted to meddle and thwart the establishment of the Litranti lands upon the mainland. Andris had not forgotten the noble Litranti who had died to the rabble Alexios had set loose upon the bay in his greed for more fertile land.

"My intention is as always Prefect, to see you brought low for you crimes against my people. And now I believe I shall impose upon the hospitality of our host to return to my own lands, I have matters to attend to."
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2015, 09:31:29 AM »
Quote from: Alexios Eirenikos on 5-2-2 (February 23, 2015 06:18)
It did not take the spells and training of an Inquisitor to know that there was a hole in the soul of Duke Andris that would welcome back the avatar of the Dragon at the soonest convince. Any with even a shred of innocence would have been disoriented and appalled by the knowledge of their thralldom, but the Duke seem completely at ease with everything that had occurred.  It pained Alexios to betray the hospitality of the Presual in this way, he was one of the few who shown patience during those times that Alexios mind was lost to him. But the way of the Hawks was unyielding, the enemy must be confronted whenever and wherever it presented itself.

The wielding of magic might not have been a talent of his, but the Eirenikos line was to alchemy what the Tzavaras line was to magic. Reaching within his tunic Alexios carefully grabbed one off the small glass darts he always kept upon his person, and with the grace of a long practised action withdrew it and threw it towards Andris in a single motion. Without bothering to watch it hit its mark he turned to the Presaul.

"It saddens me that we can not have a discussion while I am somewhat lucid. There is much I would ask of you, and much that I should have told you long ago, before we formed this great republic regarding my people and our war. The life of a Hawk was never promised to be easy, nor were we ever promised a time of respite or rest. I doubt my continued presence here shall be good for my well being, so I take my leave."

And with that Alexios fled into the gardens, seeking to return to his island and the sanctuary of the mountains.

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2015, 09:32:51 AM »
Quote from: Andris Eglītis on 5-2-2 (February 23, 2015 06:23)
Andris had but a split second to notice the action, time only for the smile to fade from his face before the projectile struck him. He felt is shatter at the same time as it pierced his skin, releasing the contents into his blood stream. Instantly he felt his blood burn as it traveled from the point of impact through out his body, the heat intensifying as it spread. He fell to his knees, pain racking his body, and then the foul brew reached his brain. He screamed silently as the heat reached an inferno pitch, and cremated him from the inside out. In less then a minute all that remained of the Duke was a few ashes, pushed around by the evenings breeze.

It may be of interest to check out Andris' character page, for the record. Just sayin'.

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2015, 09:33:25 AM »
Quote from: Līna Eglītis on 5-2-3 (February 23, 2015 06:35)
Lina had been busying herself in the washrooms, making sure she was perfectly presented before she began the dance of find herself a suitor. She had mostly avoided the beginning of the Gala, all that food was far too much temptation for her, and it would never do to be seen satisfying her gluttony.

She had returned to the hall to find the Gala had moved on. Moving out the gardens to find the rest of the guests she arrived just time time to witness the insane Prefect Alexios attack her brother, and watched in horror as he was consumed from within. She knew not what witchcraft Alexios had employed, but she did know that her brother had been correct, there could be no safety for her people as long as Alexios lived. She watched the coward flee into the night, unwilling to face judgement for what he had done.

Her course was all to clear. The task of allying her house with a powerful member of another realm had taken on a whole new importance, for when she returned to Litranti lands she would marshal their forces and prepare to avenge this latest crime.

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2015, 09:34:35 AM »
Quote from: Andrew Calinus on 5-2-3 (February 23, 2015 07:02)
Andrew watched as the scene unfolded: Andris' freedom and attempt at retreat, Alexios' dart, Andris' end.

"It saddens me that we can not have a discussion while I am somewhat lucid. There is much I would ask of you, and much that I should have told you long ago, before we formed this great republic regarding my people and our war. The life of a Hawk was never promised to be easy, nor were we ever promised a time of respite or rest. I doubt my continued presence here shall be good for my well being, so I take my leave."

"You assume I am unfamiliar. I am not." Andrew spoke in return, to the departing Alexios.

A wave of Calinus' hand and the ashes of Andris were swept up, a small urn seemingly made from the air around them, and it set upon the ground gently with the ashes inside.

"Lady Līna Eglītis," Andrew spoke, addressing the relative of the man that had just fallen, his aura still that of an incredibly old first one, "I cannot fathom what must be running through your mind. If it is any condolence, know that he died with conviction, even as a servant of the Gods that sought to destroy us. What you choose from here, know that it will be understood."

"Everyone," Calinus spoke, meeting the gaze of all remaining in turn, "I had hoped this to be a joyous night, one of talk, decisions, and action. Instead, it has become one of an old war, ancient feuds, and unfortunate death. If you wish to rest before departing, rooms are available. If you wish to depart immediately, I wish you safe travels. And, if you wish to remain, you are braver than many. I cannot imagine what you must be thinking at this moment, though whatever you choose from here, I will understand."

Andrew wondered for a moment. How many times had he said that? How many times had something similiar unfolded over the millennia? It almost startled him how little it phased him anymore. If anything, he was more annoyed than anything. This was supposed to be a party. An event to remember, and also one to plan for. Would anyone even come again after this?