Author Topic: Bandit died, still on my characters page?  (Read 136 times)

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
Bandit died, still on my characters page?
« on: April 09, 2017, 02:15:51 AM »
So a bandit character of mine died 5 RL days ago but is still on my characters page, I remember it being the case that they we're still on there for a bit, though 5 days seems a bit too long. Though probably not a bug im still wondering when I can play a new bandit?

Demivar

• Purveyor of cunning plans.
    • View Profile
Re: Bandit died, still on my characters page?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 02:32:18 AM »
So a bandit character of mine died 5 RL days ago but is still on my characters page, I remember it being the case that they we're still on there for a bit, though 5 days seems a bit too long. Though probably not a bug im still wondering when I can play a new bandit?

There will be an intentional timer between the death of a bandit and the point at which you can spawn a new one. It might be a week or something, but there's an intentional wait. It's presumably to avoid people continually re-rolling bandits until one spawns in a position that can benefit them. If you wait a while longer it should free up.
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Radovid's like you
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: but then insane
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Dijkstra is like you

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 02:40:11 AM »
Yeah, was expecting about a week. Though I feel like maybe 3 days or something might be better, it would still avoid the spamming of bandits but it wouldn't be such a long wait.

Demivar

• Purveyor of cunning plans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 02:45:29 AM »
Yeah, was expecting about a week. Though I feel like maybe 3 days or something might be better, it would still avoid the spamming of bandits but it wouldn't be such a long wait.

Possibly, but if you did the Maths on it, if you assume that each player only has characters in one area, and the islands don't exist, the odds of your bandit spawning near enough to help after not too long wouldn't be too low. Re roll every 4 days (factoring in time to kill unwanted bandits) and you have an admittedly slow, but reliable stream of bandits to serve your needs. (Not that you should, and I personally try to avoid doing damage with my bandits as un-liable, untraceable characters with free, expendable troops.)
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Radovid's like you
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: but then insane
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Dijkstra is like you

Cipheron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 03:38:31 AM »
One of my ideas was that you get rated on how well your bandit did, and next time you get more or less bandit troops and/or quality of gear, depending on your rating, which would be averaged over a number of runs.

e.g. suiciding a bandit would be a loss, whereas profit from looting and XP gained in fights would be a win. This would reward people who actually RP their bandits as bandits, and penalize those who use them as suicide squads.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 03:43:11 AM by Cipheron »