Author Topic: Repairing watchtowers?  (Read 322 times)

Jazzkovsky

• View Profile
Repairing watchtowers?
« on: April 06, 2017, 02:15:38 PM »
I got the following event: "The Watchtower xyz is deteriorating. Workers should be assigned for repair." However, I am unable to find the option for repairing it.
In the bridges and features category I only seem to have the options of renaming existing constructions or building new ones. How exactly do you assign men for repairs?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 08:47:29 PM by Jazzkovsky »

Jazzkovsky

• View Profile
Re: Repairing watchtowers?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 09:31:04 PM »
Nobody know how to repair watchtowers? Maybe this function is not implemented yet?

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 09:58:22 PM »
I don't think you can, I don't even know if they can actually deteriorate once they are built. I know for a fact that if you place them they never disappear, or atleast that was the case, it might just take a long time now. And I think I remember something about watchtowers not actually being able to go below 100% once they are built, but they might be able to, in which case it probably happened because you fell below a certain pop count and couldn't support farms, buildings and features all anymore so that would mean getting a bit more pop would fix it.

Weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 10:36:06 PM »
If you go into the bridges and features screen, you can assign workers there to repair, as well as build new ones, and roads.

Jazzkovsky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 12:19:26 AM »
If you go into the bridges and features screen, you can assign workers there to repair, as well as build new ones, and roads.

That's what I thought. However, in the bridges and features screen I don't get any option to assign men for repairs. I just can rename existing constructions or build new features. Also, at least for me, new roads are commissioned in the road construction screen.

Cipheron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 05:22:07 AM »
On the features screen it should show the percentage remaining on any feature which is damaged. The box to the right of that is for assigning.

Jazzkovsky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 06:16:49 AM »
Well ... there is no percentage and no box, or otherwise I'm blind and/or mad. :) The first screenshot shows my features screen. The second screenshot shows my event journal spammed with watchtower notifications.

https://ibb.co/m8Pho5

https://ibb.co/g0vu1Q
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 06:34:21 AM by Jazzkovsky »

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 01:31:20 PM »
Well ... there is no percentage and no box, or otherwise I'm blind and/or mad. :) The first screenshot shows my features screen. The second screenshot shows my event journal spammed with watchtower notifications.

https://ibb.co/m8Pho5

https://ibb.co/g0vu1Q

I don't think its actually decaying as I said. I remember from when I last played that watchtowers 1. couldn't be removed from the map once started and 2. They didn't actually decay. Maybe if they aren't built fully yet their build percentage can drop from whatever its at to 0, which which case assigning builders to fully construct it would fix that, but I seriously doubt they can go from fully built to not finished.

Weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 05:06:59 PM »
I don't know then. Maybe in Road Construction? It's been a while since I had damaged features.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 12:28:25 AM »
That's what I thought. However, in the bridges and features screen I don't get any option to assign men for repairs. I just can rename existing constructions or build new features. Also, at least for me, new roads are commissioned in the road construction screen.

Something that is on my list to fix. To start repairs the damage has to have fallen below a certain value. Until you hit that value you will be bombarded by events but be unable to do anything about it.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Jazzkovsky

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 03:14:46 PM »
Something that is on my list to fix. To start repairs the damage has to have fallen below a certain value. Until you hit that value you will be bombarded by events but be unable to do anything about it.

Well, that explains it. Thanks.