Author Topic: Two of the same trait?  (Read 188 times)

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
Two of the same trait?
« on: April 02, 2017, 06:48:46 PM »
Should this be happening? Just created a character and he got Strategist twice. And if it should be happening does it do anything?

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
Re: Two of the same trait?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 10:03:34 PM »
The traits system doesn't work at all, so you should consider it a purely roleplay thing at this point.

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 10:47:10 PM »
Oh really, I thought it would work seeing as some traits say they are purely roleplay while others actualy list bonuses.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 02:56:33 PM »
It shouldn't be happening, but to my knowledge, traits do not presently have any in-game effect.

Whether or not the current traits will survive their eventual implementation remains to be seen.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Cipheron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 04:30:23 PM »
Some people were talking about rolling up tons of dead characters to get "dream traits" through selective breeding, before being informed that they don't work. So that random mechanism is in fact encouraging gaminess and bloat in the database.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 01:15:22 AM »
Some people were talking about rolling up tons of dead characters to get "dream traits" through selective breeding, before being informed that they don't work. So that random mechanism is in fact encouraging gaminess and bloat in the database.

Yes of course, that was assumed. You add any system that provides bonuses and you will get people trying to min/max the system. So long as its only a small part of the game population its not a massive issue.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Demivar

• Purveyor of cunning plans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 02:32:26 AM »
The traits system is fun, despite it having no meaning. It is quite a nice thing for new players to see and have a bit of fun with. It's at least worth the headache endured by the person who thought of "Xerach", because someone decided that all traits need to have a singular letter assigned to them.

I will admit that it's a bit of occasional fun to remind ourselves of the irony of Rothrik being Charismatic and Zealous. It's quite possibly true, though I believe that it stretches the bounds of conventional charisma.
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Radovid's like you
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: but then insane
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Dijkstra is like you

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 03:10:44 AM »
The traits system is fun, despite it having no meaning. It is quite a nice thing for new players to see and have a bit of fun with. It's at least worth the headache endured by the person who thought of "Xerach", because someone decided that all traits need to have a singular letter assigned to them.

I will admit that it's a bit of occasional fun to remind ourselves of the irony of Rothrik being Charismatic and Zealous. It's quite possibly true, though I believe that it stretches the bounds of conventional charisma.

That was a Tomism. At a guess it is because of how he stored the traits in the database, but I have not looked to confirm it. It was stupid though, plenty of good traits were left out because their letter was already "taken"
He who was once known as Blackfyre