Author Topic: Form Bug with large numbers of entourage  (Read 183 times)

Demivar

• Purveyor of cunning plans.
    • View Profile
Form Bug with large numbers of entourage
« on: February 27, 2017, 01:02:01 AM »
So, I've been handing out troops to some returning players and some of my new characters. To make things easier I thought it'd be nice if I would recruit some extra entourage in advance of their arrival, so that they will have fully stocked camp followers as soon as they walk through the door.

As a result, I ended up with 120 entourage on my character. When they arrived, I tried to hand off some of my entourage and every time was met with the error saying that there are too many input variables (like when you try to give orders to too many men). I've tried it with multiple combinations, and all entourage types even when selected individually caused the same issue.

I can only assume that when the form is sent to the server, it sends the info on every member of the entourage and not just the ones that are receiving orders.
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Radovid's like you
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: but then insane
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Dijkstra is like you

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
Re: Form Bug with large numbers of entourage
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 10:57:22 PM »
SummaryEntourage form submission fails on PHP Variable Limit with large numbers of entourage
TypeBug Fix
ByDe-Legro
WhenMar 1 2017
DescriptionWe all know of the problem with PHP Variable Limit when trying to perform actions on large numbers of troops. As Entourage generally have fewer variables associated, this limit was not as prevalent. However it transpired that when the limit is reached, it is based on total number of entourage present, not the number you are trying to perform actions on
ReasonThe Solider form has a nifty little bit of Javascript that intercepts the form submission event, strips out unused solider data from the form and then sends the smaller package to the server. It would appear that it was never considered that entourage numbers would be so large that similar code would be needed for them
ResultCharacters with large numbers of entourage can now do simply things like disband some of them.
ProjectsBug Fixes
Version[size=80%]https://github.com/tvogt/mightandfealty/compare/4e4beb59a21b8cbec057974c9b69915607df68a7...De-Legro:ca47ba138a7498f4d2f5f5675764d478a60c1467[/size]
He who was once known as Blackfyre