Author Topic: The Hero & The Villain  (Read 913 times)

Demivar

• Purveyor of cunning plans.
    • View Profile
Re: The Hero & The Villain
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 06:29:28 PM »
Mocking people in a sardonic manner, if done correctly, is humorous and entertaining. Provided it isn't too cruel that is. Not entirely sure what we're arguing about.

If you want to see how the edge cuts both ways, try mocking Constantine, then see what happens.
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Radovid's like you
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: but then insane
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Dijkstra is like you

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 07:28:15 PM »
What will happen? He mocks me, I mock him. We both go about our business.

On a side note, I believe my remark was rather sarcastic than sardonic. It was not meant to be patronizing though, I am sorry if you felt that way Gustav. I am also sorry I don't remember you while you seem to remember me from BM. Did we play in the same realm? Good times. Too bad that game no longer works for me.

Weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 03:54:57 PM »
Nevermind, keep going.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:57:02 PM by Weaver »

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 11:53:26 PM »
And so ends The Villain, attacked by two people who can't even take control of the settlement because they're free accounts, harassed as he tried to bring order to the settlements in question and killed hypocritically by the ones who called him bandit, who themselves acted in such a manner.

What a surprising tale of human psychology.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 12:05:38 AM »
And so ends The Villain, attacked by two people who can't even take control of the settlement because they're free accounts, harassed as he tried to bring order to the settlements in question and killed hypocritically by the ones who called him bandit, who themselves acted in such a manner.

What a surprising tale of human psychology.

With statements like that, you could almost be a politician.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Demivar

• Purveyor of cunning plans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2017, 01:55:45 AM »
Less so psychology, moreso basic deduction.

To avoid an argument I'll put it in simple terms. Your character was named "The Villain" and hence it's assumed that most characters, by default would refer to him as 'The Villain'. It is, to a different magnitude, the same as someone might perceive a guy known as "Boris the Cruel" or something like that.

You can't expect people to treat everyone they meet with complete honesty and impartiality. If the warning signs are there, people will take heed.
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Radovid's like you
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: but then insane
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Dijkstra is like you

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2017, 02:13:51 AM »
Even without the name, competition over abandoned settlements can be fierce. A War started in the south due to someones attitude of fight first talk later with regards to claiming abandoned settlements. The free accounts might not have been able to claim it themselves, but who knows what else was going on? Were they waiting to assist someone else? Were they recruiting people to take their existing holdings so they could continue to expand? Did they simply not want Gustav's character in the area.

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2017, 07:40:48 PM »
Even without the name, competition over abandoned settlements can be fierce. A War started in the south due to someones attitude of fight first talk later with regards to claiming abandoned settlements. The free accounts might not have been able to claim it themselves, but who knows what else was going on? Were they waiting to assist someone else? Were they recruiting people to take their existing holdings so they could continue to expand? Did they simply not want Gustav's character in the area.

No, they hunted him down without even taking the previous one he was in.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2017, 05:32:12 AM »
No, they hunted him down without even taking the previous one he was in.

And how does that not make sense? What is easier, trying to defend all the abandoned settlements you wish to claim, or ridding yourself of the competition? So long as you were taking settlements in the area, you could be viewed as a threat.

willy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 09:17:44 PM »
Oh snap, I did the same thing kinda. Chaotic Good aligned character on one end of the map and Lawful Evil on another. Goodie-two shoes got a kickass Fort somehow, and baddie mc-loudmouth is eating his bootstraps but rolling in gold. Dichotomy is best cho-to-me.

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2017, 02:49:28 AM »
And how does that not make sense? What is easier, trying to defend all the abandoned settlements you wish to claim, or ridding yourself of the competition? So long as you were taking settlements in the area, you could be viewed as a threat.

You know, except he was a vassal to one of the other characters in that realm...

Velrun

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2017, 03:25:29 AM »
You know, except he was a vassal to one of the other characters in that realm...

And? If a vassal of say the Colonia Antica started taking slumbering land under the banner of Elysium I would call for the right to kill him. Even if was another Elysium lord I would not stand for it. Even dumber is that since they were in the same realm, you could have communicated easily and sought the right to claim the land, instead of just assuming.

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2017, 01:20:31 PM »
And? If a vassal of say the Colonia Antica started taking slumbering land under the banner of Elysium I would call for the right to kill him. Even if was another Elysium lord I would not stand for it. Even dumber is that since they were in the same realm, you could have communicated easily and sought the right to claim the land, instead of just assuming.

Why are you assuming I did not do that? I even offered to grant the settlements he had taken to the other vassals or to the realm ruler. No, it was purely a name thing, had nothing to do with settlements.