Author Topic: You are freshly arrive and are currently establishing yourself  (Read 958 times)

Steele

• View Profile
You are freshly arrive and are currently establishing yourself
« on: January 11, 2017, 06:11:10 AM »
I've arrived to a settlement and am getting this message "You are freshly arrived and are currently establishing yourself" on "attack settlement" and so cannot attack.  I'm not sure how long I've been at the settlement, but it appears to have at least been 1 game day.  I haven't been playing long, but have never seen this message before.  Is this normal?

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
Re: You are freshly arrive and are currently establishing yourself
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 01:25:45 PM »
This is intentional for any characters under 2 game days old in order to prevent people from spawning them into an area just to have extra manpower (because player characters are ridiculously powerful when compared to mortals).
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Steele

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 06:15:22 PM »
That makes sense.  This is a second character working with the first.  Thanks.

nanakisan

• Sanctus Acies. Ad honorem, Ad mortis
    • View Profile
    • My personal art gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 02:14:41 AM »
This is intentional for any characters under 2 game days old in order to prevent people from spawning them into an area just to have extra manpower (because player characters are ridiculously powerful when compared to mortals).

Thank god... I was wondering when this would be implemented. Had some guy go full meta break on me few weeks ago. Comes into my land, suddenly spawns in a noble and tries to take control of the settlement before I could stop them.
I am a lunatic wrapped in bacon. Sprinkled with swiss, smoothered in mustard and then buried in lettuce. I'm delicious!

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 12:41:43 PM »
Thank god... I was wondering when this would be implemented. Had some guy go full meta break on me few weeks ago. Comes into my land, suddenly spawns in a noble and tries to take control of the settlement before I could stop them.

Pretty sure they can still do that, they just can't fight battles
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 12:55:39 PM »
I think it's a good thing. People should not hold settlements they can not defend. Lords sitting on 20 settlements (most of which are empty vessels funnelling food elsewhere) are not good for game's health.
Not an attack on you, nanaki, just a thought that it's something that should not be fixed. Works as intended, if you ask me.

nanakisan

• Sanctus Acies. Ad honorem, Ad mortis
    • View Profile
    • My personal art gallery
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 03:29:02 AM »
I think it's a good thing. People should not hold settlements they can not defend. Lords sitting on 20 settlements (most of which are empty vessels funnelling food elsewhere) are not good for game's health.
Not an attack on you, nanaki, just a thought that it's something that should not be fixed. Works as intended, if you ask me.

No worries man, I was regarding to how this guy whom I know loves to do these tactics. Saw I had 1 settlement setup with allow nobles to spawn perms. Instead of even trying to start a conversation they begin taking the settlement from me. Shortly after executing their "newly" spawned noble. I get a lovely quip on my new main characters profile about how she likes to sneak around and ambush people. Pfft..
I am a lunatic wrapped in bacon. Sprinkled with swiss, smoothered in mustard and then buried in lettuce. I'm delicious!

Cipheron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 04:16:49 AM »
To be honest, i wouldn't mind if reputation notes showed you who had said them. Perhaps as an option ... so you could have validated inter-personal opinions as well as nameless "rumors".
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 04:18:32 AM by Cipheron »