Author Topic: Suddenly, I inherit half a continent  (Read 854 times)

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
Suddenly, I inherit half a continent
« on: December 07, 2016, 09:54:58 PM »
Apparently my religious figurehead inherited 59 estates, 2 realms, and a war. Who the hell quit, how many of them, and what do I do now?

http://mightandfealty.com/en/character/view/8619
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
Re: Suddenly, I inherit half a continent
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 10:04:19 PM »
I have been viewing this matter from afar and it looks like a case of bad play. Including numerous deaths/inheritance of drone characters used just to rapidly take more land and a great depopulation of what were once big southern cities. Someone has been shifting a ton of food from the south to somewhere and left you with an inheritance of nothingness, it seems.

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 10:06:57 PM »
Yeah, I'm being assaulted by suicide knights in numerous estates. What the hell did I get dragged into? Seems like some sort of OOC conflict with someone who has a grudge.
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 02:03:25 AM »
I have been viewing this matter from afar and it looks like a case of bad play. Including numerous deaths/inheritance of drone characters used just to rapidly take more land and a great depopulation of what were once big southern cities. Someone has been shifting a ton of food from the south to somewhere and left you with an inheritance of nothingness, it seems.

From what I gather is has been bad play by someone against the player whom has now left and handed over such large amounts of land, with numerous suicide knights sent and such. As for their actions in carving out such land to start with I was not watching.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Cipheron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 07:16:21 AM »

Ahh that sounds like it would explain the two giant cities just south of Ascalon. It didn't seem reasonable to have two cities of size 10000 and 13000 right next to each other, just from Ertes Imperium food transports.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 07:23:56 AM by Cipheron »

Golden

• Aureus
    • View Profile
    • Might and Fealty Unofficial Discord Guild
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 10:15:46 AM »
I did brought players to the south to revive it, they did quit out of boredom or harrassment by the abuser, I did ended up with their land, and wanted to quit myself so killed rest of my characters in the south, but decided to bring new group of players and try this out with them, players behind those realms that were founded in the south by my help and did quit, are clearly not drones and are known players, they can speak for themselves, or admins can speak about it if they want, anyway they are clearly not me.

All of this started when I found out the player who were spawning suicidal knights everywhere in the world, and found out that he were using multiple free accounts so politely warned him about it, I did even give credits to many players to encourage activity and discourage multiple free accounts, then allowed that player to grab some land so he may settle down and stop this abuse of game, it did for sometime but then started again and made people tired of his actions to some point that many of them did quit, the player started trying to spawn knights and take my settlements again but I did stopped him, after that he completely started to target me and people I brought to the south, he were present in many realms there and even in control of some of them, he started to encourage them to attack me and most of them did, he told them that I am some powergamer that were landhoarding and metagaming.

Multiple realms did started to attack me but were pushed back and defeated, it just encouraged them more and angered them more as they couldn't stay up to being defeated by single player, so they did went to raid and run style, then suicidal knights increased vastly in my settlements though all of them were stopped, and the player started to completely harass me OOCly, reaching some serious level of threats and player were doing OOC propagonda against me bringing soldiers from all over the world but still getting defeated, but I were getting accused all of this time instead of him and I didn't had the time nor could stay up to the stress of dealing with this abuser, If I did attacked and invaded those realms that were supporting him, players in those realms would had ended up mass quiting and everyone accusing me again, so I didn't attacked any of their settlements even though they were doing so.

About the Erstes Imperium, I suggested to the players I brought to join one of superpowers to boost activity and interaction also protection against other superpowers of the world, Hawks, Grand Fate, Erstes Imperium, and they did accepted.
In Grand Fate every sub-realm were deciding for itself and it really had no benefit for us joining them so we ignored that option, we did went to Erstes Imperium and established tributes then waited for the Imperator to answer back and react but it took too long and We were going at last to try our chance with hawks, but yeah then I did got tired of all of this OOC harrassment and players keeping quitting, there were literally only me remaining active in those parts so I decided to quit the game, it's now up to the Ehndras and other leaders of Confederation to decide on those matters.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 10:39:29 AM »
Ahh that sounds like it would explain the two giant cities just south of Ascalon. It didn't seem reasonable to have two cities of size 10000 and 13000 right next to each other, just from Ertes Imperium food transports.

The Imperiums population is 117002, the two cities represent just 19% of the population. It would mean some pretty hefty tariffs on the grasslands, but with that lake there are quite a few settlements that produce close to 2k naturally.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

jameslg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 10:57:38 AM »
Imagine my shock and surprise that what was formerly 'North Grove' when E.I's holding character 'Aerinia' died and it went back under another E.I lord and poof... a formerly 1.2-1.8k settlement became 8k and i was like waht is going on here..?

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 11:32:59 AM »
Slumberstone used to be the fourth largest city on the continent at some point. And it's a thin grassland surrounded by steppes and forests and some average grass. Taxing a few dozen settlements with minimal corruption does the trick. No need to be shocked, just study the game a bit more.
A lot of EI's land was inactive, so huge amounts of food were free to be funneled anywhere. Chtonia and Aurora will shrink now that I'm moving in with my Misthelm refugees and gradually cease outgoing taxes to those towns.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 11:37:40 AM by Constantine »

Weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 06:37:41 AM »
Imagine my shock and surprise that what was formerly 'North Grove' when E.I's holding character 'Aerinia' died and it went back under another E.I lord and poof... a formerly 1.2-1.8k settlement became 8k and i was like waht is going on here..?

It's called a military stockpile and production place. I don't get why people find it so strange.

Cipheron

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 03:04:24 PM »
It was the speed at which the towns grew. In about 1-2 weeks realtime those towns grew from about 1000 each to 15000 and 10000. To levy all that from one kingdom, even one the size of E.I, in that timeframe, would require a ridiculous amount of coordination, unlikely in a realm that's half slumbering, unlikely even if all players are active. Even in wartime players aren't motivated to coordinate to that extreme.

So what we know is that one new lord took over two towns on the outskirts of EI, and they grew massive very quickly. They spammed several dozens knights at least (one scout report showed 36 knights mainly from 1-2 families at the location). Around the same time, someone was spamming in tons of knights over further east in slumbered neighboring kingdoms, taking control then funneling tons of food  "somewhere". It seems likely that these new developments are connected. If it was all local EI food, then they would have built the mega-city in the middle of the kingdom, to minimize overheads, but they built these cities on the very edge of EI territory.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 03:14:46 PM by Cipheron »

Weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 03:25:33 PM »
Negative. That is not what happened. Those Knights have been present there for a long time. The plan was executed when the family from Cthonia was ordered to round up ALL the slumbered settlements, and likewise, the food was all sent to Aurora to get it to 10,000, the rest of which was given over to Cthonia to be used as they pleased. There is nothing strange or arcane about it. The speed was neither impressive either.

Dystopian

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 07:27:57 AM »
Suddenly, hes slumbered again.  :-*