Author Topic: Wanted: People to try everything on a test server  (Read 809 times)

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
Wanted: People to try everything on a test server
« on: December 02, 2016, 05:16:21 PM »
Read the subject. I need people willing to try every single option in the game on a test server to make sure the code works as intended. And when it doesn't I need to know specifics.

I'm planning on setting it up to run super-fast turns for a bit, like one daily turn every half hour, in order to provide a bit of a stress test and to elevate things. If you're interested, let me know please.

And yes, your account will be transfered. It'll run a clone of the actual M&F database from like a week ago.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Insanegame27

• I am the Bopmaster, master of Bops.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: People to try everything on a test server
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 12:21:24 AM »
I'm down for that.
Now I have a mental image of horses lined up in a goods factory, building things on an assembly line.

Symond

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 09:21:58 AM »
I am interested.

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 03:04:00 PM »
Sorry about the delay on this.

Elections will be working FULLY when I bring this up.

I just managed to get the RealmController to understand how to properly understand the weight of elections. And I'm teaching it how to count in a way that won't let you do totally screwy things.

Maybe not. I am super angry at this thing right now. Test server will be my first project when I get home tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 05:22:31 PM by Andrew »
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 04:48:43 PM »
Alright, got home a bit late, but I've spent a some hours on this and have everything in place but having some difficulty getting it load display the site--everything loads fine, after I accomodate the fact that this is existing in a different directory. The server knows there is a website, but the framework the site uses isn't actually serving the site.

I've got some idea how to squash it, but it's 3 hours past when I normally sleep, so I'll tackle it again tomorrow. On one hand I'm going to see if I can get it to work in a more traditional web directory. If that doesn't work, I'll tackle it from loading it out of the directory it was originally made to exist in--not that I'm fond of this idea as it seems wrong to serve a website out of a user directory folder.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 04:51:11 PM by Andrew »

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 02:32:14 PM »
Alright, that didn't pan out. Apache2 has no issues (it's running another site perfectly fine). So it's something with M&F itself that decides it just wants to generate a blank page for me. I've one last idea, but no idea if it'll work or not.

Then again, I got so little sleep last night, I could be missing something right in front of me.

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 03:47:15 PM »
Great news, the server is working. I probably have De-Legro to thank for that, for suggesting something that I tried in my flurry of tries that might've fixed it.

That said, I'm currently working out the hiccups on some code edits and getting the database to import cleanly (there's some old legacy stuff in it that we need to know how to clean out).

After that's done, hopefully tomorrow or the day after, I'll post a link and people can go break it.