Author Topic: How does this even work? Report/Bug?  (Read 1835 times)

The Vintroth

• View Profile
How does this even work? Report/Bug?
« on: November 27, 2016, 06:39:10 PM »
Posted on request of Rothrik as his forum account does not work (or something). Not fully sure where this should go to be honest.

This person: http://mightandfealty.com/en/character/view/8601 appeared in Chysis and well, simply removed 700+ men. Mind you, he had no permissions to do so.
Followed by this:
" I am the ebony death.

Not a single man of your 777 man garrison landed so much as a scratch on me, and now all of them are rotting corpses outside the gates of Chysis. Broadsword will not harm me, nor will plate and chain resist me, for my death magic knows no peer.

Perhaps there was once magicians on my level. There are none anymore.

Farewell."

It is possible this person: http://mightandfealty.com/en/character/view/8598 tried and failed to do the same in Arescod. Correction; he did nick the garrison, then killed himself.

Uhm... What do I even say?
How can anyone play the game like that? Surely it is not even allowed.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 06:55:25 PM by The Vintroth »

The Vintroth

• View Profile
Re: How does this even work? Report/Bug?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 06:54:53 PM »
Quick correction.

This guy; http://mightandfealty.com/en/character/view/8598
He did nick the garrison of Arescod, then killed himself.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 07:04:08 PM »
We have been aware of this bug for a short time and are presently testing a fix. Once we've confirmed the fix works and the server move is complete, this will be the first fix to go live.

I'm currently in the process of ironing out any wrinkles with the move process, but expect it to happen sometime this week, assuming Tom has time to handle it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 07:06:50 PM by Andrew »
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

The Vintroth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 07:10:52 PM »
"Ah, but tis was an ancient spell, of an ancient tome, that once held immeasurable power, that has crumbled over time. I believe that the First Ones of old that produced such a weapon, called it "glitchmagic". Perhaps this power was not so much the invention of our race, but rather that of the gods, or the ancient wrathful angels.

My tutor, Reaper of Broken Realms, had used the same magic on Arescord city, as you must have now noticed. But the drain was too great, and he perished. The same goes with my brother, who struck Bordeleaux city. Nevertheless, they took down the entire garrisons down with them.

This feat has dealt damage to my system, and I will not be able to pass such power on.

(OOC: The Admin's fixed this glitch.)"
---

Given this, he probably did it to even more places, such as Bordeleaux.

Is there any way to get the troops back or at least ban these people who clearly know they are abusing glitches?

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 07:22:19 PM »
When the soldiers were taken the person who did it contacted us. We told them to put them back. They decided that putting all the soldiers back was too much work and disbanded them. So, no, the soldiers can't be put back.

The person responsible has already been punished.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

The Vintroth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 07:28:16 PM »
That is to bad.

Weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 07:30:09 PM »
We knew about this bug but didn't say anything to prevent people from seeking it. There was no way to warn anyone that there was a potential exploit- we had a fix ready that will work-- I'm 99% sure of that-- but due to circumstances with the server, we could not put it live. I know this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear, and for the same reason we cannot send the patch live, we cannot reimburse troops, neither is it our job, as we are just devs, not GMs. Far as I know, at least I don't, we don't really know the overarching rules and stance on reimbursement during the alpha/beta/shit period.

The best I can offer you at this moment is that the person has been dealt with, and that until the patch goes live, if you have troops, you should mobilize them.

The Vintroth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 07:38:41 PM »
It is sad really. I mean that anyone would play the game like that.

Ah well. It was worth the question still, thanks.

nanakisan

• Sanctus Acies. Ad honorem, Ad mortis
    • View Profile
    • My personal art gallery
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 08:53:24 PM »
Well tell that half wit asshole thank you for me. I am done with this fucking game. I have put up with so stress in this game. It is not even fun anymore, even I enjoy a little bullshit now and then. But when my hard earned garrison of 350 soldiers is stolen from me. All because a fucking player decided to abuse a LONG STANDING BUG THAT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR OVER 1 YEAR OR SO. YEAH I am entitled to being extremely mad. So no I am done, fuck Artos, fuck Caspian, fuck the ass who abused this exploit.

I am sorry for the anger. But I believe I am justified for this one time on it.

Anyway to make my post at least relevant to this post.

http://mightandfealty.com/en/character/view/8596

This players toon showed up at http://mightandfealty.com/en/settlement/1841 and stole 350 or so militia. Then immediately killed themselves.
I am a lunatic wrapped in bacon. Sprinkled with swiss, smoothered in mustard and then buried in lettuce. I'm delicious!

Weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 09:06:05 PM »
Guys, I know it's a hard time for many of you. This same thing happened to EI as well. I literally watched this bugger not just kill off the troops, but run off with them, and I had to hunt him down and kill him.

Believe me, whatever you think is happening right now is not as bad as you might think. The player has been severely punished. Even if he proxies/VPNs, he has nothing to come back to.

I understand your frustration; if necessary, I will reimburse your troops from my own pocket. It would be a great blow to M&F if this costs us some of the most active and competent players.

Also, the person behind this incident took great steps into imitating other people- do not antagonize anyone or point fingers. This guy is gone.

pifmage

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 11:20:12 PM »
Alright, finally someone managed to bother me enough to ask a favour and get a pc that can log into the forum, and for the worst possible cause.

I'll be extremely honest here, I'm not gonna become the plaything of a troll, to go and erase three of our garrison for shit and giggles during a military campaign is crap, utter bullshit, and it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

So, I'll stay to see the conflict with Artos settled out of respect for the involved players that took part in it in a legitimate, honest way, then House Talonclaw will slumberblight, maybe then when the trolls and glitchers remain overlords over an empty game they'll have all the fun they seek with themselves, this game is so unfinished and unwieldy that I was still playing for the community, not the game himself, and when the community turns into something like this, then I don't feel like being part of this anymore, thank you for anyone that has played with me in these years, it was loads of fun, an as for the glitcher, he could go screw himself with a chainsaw for all I care (I know these are strong words but I'm quitting anyway, so who cares).

Weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 11:42:41 PM »
This has nothing to do with the community. It was one guy. One guy. Seriously, I am trying to be nice and accommodating here, but you are not making it easy. So what? You lost 1000 troops. Big deal.

People have accidentally disbanded twice that number. People have let three times that number die to starvation due to bugged craplands. I had this same thing happen to me. I was harassed OOCly, am the resident forum toxic-troll, everyone thinks the faction I play is some kind of religious loon, your Realm itself chased away the only character I liked playing through it's OOC bullshit and you think YOU have a reason to quit? Are you serious?

For the last time: The troll has been dealt with. The bug will be fixed. And those troops you lost were doing f**k-all nothing. They were in no war. Just sitting uselessly in an estate. If anything this motherf**ker did you a favor in cutting your food demand. I respect your decision, mate- if you want to quit, then quit. If you are gonna stay to see the conflict end, respect times one hundred.

But honestly? Blaming the entire community because of one f**ktard, and blaming the entire game because of one stupid mistake Tom made, while me and Andrew are busting our asses to deliver what Might and Fealty should've been, is way over the line. Tom has been way too lax with abusers, including myself (in the past), but me and Andrew are not so. We are bloodhounds and the anathema of people like that. The community should never, and will never again, be your concern as far as this kind of crap is concerned.

So do what you must, but it's not the community's fault. Just one guy's.

Insanegame27

• I am the Bopmaster, master of Bops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 11:51:14 PM »
This has nothing to do with the community. It was one guy. One guy. Seriously, I am trying to be nice and accommodating here, but you are not making it easy. So what? You lost 1000 troops. Big deal.

People have accidentally disbanded twice that number. People have let three times that number die to starvation due to bugged craplands. I had this same thing happen to me. I was harassed OOCly, am the resident forum toxic-troll, everyone thinks the faction I play is some kind of religious loon, your Realm itself chased away the only character I liked playing through it's OOC bullshit and you think YOU have a reason to quit? Are you serious?

For the last time: The troll has been dealt with. The bug will be fixed. And those troops you lost were doing f**k-all nothing. They were in no war. Just sitting uselessly in an estate. If anything this motherf**ker did you a favor in cutting your food demand. I respect your decision, mate- if you want to quit, then quit. If you are gonna stay to see the conflict end, respect times one hundred.

But honestly? Blaming the entire community because of one f**ktard, and blaming the entire game because of one stupid mistake Tom made, while me and Andrew are busting our asses to deliver what Might and Fealty should've been, is way over the line. Tom has been way too lax with abusers, including myself (in the past), but me and Andrew are not so. We are bloodhounds and the anathema of people like that. The community should never, and will never again, be your concern as far as this kind of crap is concerned.

So do what you must, but it's not the community's fault. Just one guy's.
If this forum had a like button, I'd hit it for this post.
Now I have a mental image of horses lined up in a goods factory, building things on an assembly line.

pifmage

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2016, 11:57:57 PM »
Man, I have maximum respect for the work you and andrew are doing, thing is this game is made by players, if a player feels the need to screw with someone in a mechanical way that has no reason to be "game wise", and said bug can't be patched promptly for whatever reason even if a fix is ready and available, then it's not something I can honestly say I'd enjoy playing, knowing the fact that anyone that would fancy so will be able to do the same.

I am all for conflict ingame, but this kind of ooc tomfoolery truly grinds my gears, and knowing the fact that someone can screw you over and you'll have to suck it up seriously impairs my enjoyment of the game, and someone targetting all the bigger garrisons of one realm is by far a "casual accident" that can happen to anyone, maybe you're better at coping with this, unfortunately I am not.

Too bad, I used to have great hopes for this game, and had one hell of a fun time since the start, so good luck to anyone who'll keep playing this, enjoy your game ;3

Weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2016, 12:04:39 AM »
This is precisely the reason why we hounded Tom for so long. Recall all the angry posts I made, and Andrew working behind the scenes to get Tom to transfer control over to us. We are literally within the last week that the M&F game will be under Tom's control and administration. I do not mean this in a way to imply that 'we conquered it' or 'we stole it'. I mean that in a way to imply that WE, the motivated people, will be able to patch and improve the game within a moment's notice, instead of waiting for months.

I agree that the state of the game has been at an all-time low. But it is not the desire of the community to ruin this game, it is one person who cannot keep his ambitions in check, and has a mind keen enough to seek and find exploits, to leverage gain or just 'lulz'. Why Ascalon specifically was targeted was probably just a coincidence. We do not yet know the full extent of the damage he did, but you may not be the only victims in this. As I said before, this has happened once before, but there is no clear indication that it was done by the same person.

What I am trying to say is this: Quitting now is entirely pointless and redundant. This will never happen again. Once myself and Andrew have the server under control, M&F will be transformed into a game that is a 100 times superior than it is now. If you are that concerned about the garrison you lost, I will send you the troops to reimburse you out of my own pocket. No harm done in the end. You lose nothing.