Author Topic: Suicidal Knights  (Read 1552 times)

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
Re: Suicidal Knights
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 01:10:27 PM »
Moving to own thread~
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 01:12:28 PM by Ehndras »
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

QuizQuiz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 02:24:18 PM »
Weaver, I will stop with the passive aggression, and I know that my character's name is ridiculous and so is his description. I knew nothing about the game before I joined. I did not know how serious people role-played this game and that people took alot of serious effort in their character's description and names in this gaming world. I simply had no foundation to build my first character except from a well-known media figure that first popped into my head to lay the groundwork for, silly yes. I would be willing to change his description and name if it is too ridiculous for the accepted vision of the game or just kill him off if you take it that seriously as you have shown.

So, you think I spawned that character to meta-game Constantine? I didn't even know who he was or his characters before I played the game. I didn't even know the city I spawned in that character was part of his realm at the time.

Honestly, I think the small border conflict between Grand Fate and Ascalon was a nice event to happen when I first started out as it really showed the role-play and politics of the game. The attempts at diplomacy to sort out the situation and a war going on to really show aspects of the game pretty early on.

Still, I think your reaction to kill all of my characters as your first reply to me when I just said I started the game is harsh, especially when you seemed to said I had it out for that Constantine guy which I don't. I am on one part of the in-game conflict, and using my first character to take part in the war. Let me know if anything else I said is wrong, otherwise please don't to kill off my characters because I would like to keep playing this game.

Weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 02:30:00 PM »
I really did not mean you, QuizQuiz. Maybe you missed it, but I did say, in an earlier post, that I do not care about the character spawning thing. Constantine has been around for a long time, and he should know the risks associated with hiring Knights during war time. Also leaving settlements open to spawning by new players, also means it is open to being spied through the same methods.

If he was not willing to take the risk, he should not have done so. He did it in good faith to get more people to join the war and experience fun content- and he knows that people might abuse that good faith, but that is not my problem.

I specifically mean OOC harassment, or actions with malice towards the player in their intent.

Otherwise, plug away at each other as much as you like. Be the most conniving bastards IC that would put the Tudors to shame and make the Borgias look like tame puppies. That has nothing to do with me.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 03:23:22 PM »
QuizQuiz, it is a bit hard to believe you because if you wasn't instructed to screw with my settlements and scout the towns, you could just spawn in Tallin's settlement from the get go. But no one's going after you or something. i'm just pointing out the problematic behaviour. Also remember that this is Rage Zone after all.

I'm all for backstabbing, double-dealing and treason. In fact this game needs more of that. But only as long as we keep it clean ooc. Weaver is right, I knew keeping estates open for new players, especially during wars, makes me vulnerable. But if I don't do that, new players simply won't have options because the only other player who consistently posts knight offers is Lann.
Just don't be a cunt a don't abuse this.

QuizQuiz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 08:10:53 PM »
I agree with you both on the abuses of new characters. I can understand that it's suspicious that my character spawned in one of the towns of the domain you ruled and then joined the person you are in conflict with. Before I put my guy there, I didn't realized that town I spawned in was in conflict with the lord I would swear to until after I spawned. Honestly, I don't know why I didn't spawn in his other towns... Though I did try spawning in some other cities in the area but couldn't get permission to spawn except for one of your towns which generously allowed new players to start in

I can say this though, since Donald McRonald has sworn fealty to Tallim Hamel and he gracious accepted the fool-knight's vassalage after being rob on the road before arriving to Arnheim to see the siege close by, his lord's enemies are his enemies and his wars are McRonald's War as well. So that is the current ongoing thing of Donald McRonald. Since Artos Flambard is in conflict with his lord, so is Donald and this is why he is aiding the war effort against Arto's holdings after he swore fealty to Tallim, not before.

The Vintroth

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2016, 08:55:37 PM »
I am bloody fed up with people in Ascalon who can not control their OOC butthurt and just want to ruin all my shit as a player.
[...]

Yes, because everyone in Ascalon hates your guts obviously, I mean, what else, right?

No.
It is not the first time you have said something along those lines, and frankly, it is getting silly. First time it was in the old OOC chat of Ascalon, you thought you were being bullied (or clique-bullied was it?). We then assured you we had no problems with you OOC. But obviously you did not believe us or later changed your mind.

I'll speak in clear language; have you ever considered that what is done and said IC against or about your characters by other players IC are reactions against what you have said or done IC? If you, I'll semi-quote Rothrik, "perhaps stopped hating us and re-read everything that happened, you might realise we all wanted similar things OOC, though we were more partial to big discussions and changes based upon principle; something difficult to back for someone who has played for years. Other than a colleague of ours calling Weaver a Bosnian toilet cleaner and the toxic mess that ensued, we tried to be as nice as we could OOCly." Not that I think we agree on everything anyhow; just as with both Rothrik and I disagree on a great amount of things with Weaver to name one example.

The characters I have that dislike any of yours have a pretty good reason to do so believe it or not.

Don't get me wrong, I, and probably Rothrik too, can come across rather abrasive (even Roran has told me this) or what not but that does not mean we hate your guts.

On the topic of suicidal Knights though, we also had a landless knight with no known Lord spawn nearby, somehow get 180 men and then attacked one of us. It is great fun for everyone with random Knights, ain't it? He lost of course and got taken prisoner, but still.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2016, 10:25:35 PM »
Well, I believe I had a good case of being ooc harassed during my time in Ascalon by a certain group of players (not just me, mind you). OOC thread shitstorms ripe with personal insults are still there somewhere. Bosnian toilet cleaner is not even the worst I've seen. But I will be clear here - Caspian left Ascalon not because I felt threatened as a player, rather because most interesting characters fell into half-slumber and the ruling party pretty much ostracized Caspian IC to the point where it was no longer fun for me to remain in the realm I did hold dear. Furthermore, there are still people in Ascalon I hold in highest esteem and who in turn remain my friends.

Now I say this feud is growing hardcore ooc because certain players find it hard to even realize they are fighting a different Flambard now and we've seen some hilarious slips of tongue in IC discussions.

But this thread is not about player feuds but about courtesy. I don't care that much if people don't like me for whatever reason as long as they play fair and remain civil.
Alright, I know that's asking too much, so let's just go with fair play.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 10:27:27 PM by Constantine »

The Vintroth

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2016, 11:12:14 PM »
I'll assume you understood my point nonetheless. Whether you take it to heart or not is of course up to you.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2016, 11:22:41 PM »
Hopefully this is reciprocal.

Weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2016, 11:24:50 PM »
How the f**k did I even end up in that conversation?

E: Oh wait, that was the rage quitter wasn't it? lel
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:28:00 PM by Weaver »

The Vintroth

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2016, 11:41:26 PM »
How the f**k did I even end up in that conversation?

E: Oh wait, that was the rage quitter wasn't it? lel

Richard Fothmore or something I think it was. Rothrik and I made him quit after that whole shitstorm.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:46:33 PM by The Vintroth »

Weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2016, 12:29:07 AM »
Huh, you didn't really have to do that. I don't mind what people call me or the rep bombs they leave. I know who does it too. Sticks and stones, right? I mean, granted, some day I might decide to vindicate all of it, but for now I can't be arsed.

I don't think any of you guys, Constantine included, are bad guys. The only reason why I didn't purge you all when I was playing the Queen when I had all IC reason to. You said it yourself, 'we all had the same OOC agenda'. That's cool. We Bosnian toilet cleaners are tough guys. Constantine might be too. So I think we should all sit down on IRC some time, have a nice real-time face to face, talk, virtually shake hands, and clear up any and all misunderstandings, so that we can put all of this behind us.

And to be honest, I am tired of the Weaver-a$$hole act and giving newbies heart attacks. I was gonna say 'I am also abrasive and rough', but I think it's more like 'I am full of thorns and clad in razor wire'. Which is disappointing, because first and foremost, I am the ally and friend of newbies.

nanakisan

• Sanctus Acies. Ad honorem, Ad mortis
    • View Profile
    • My personal art gallery
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2016, 10:52:21 AM »
Honestly this is why I've become so paranoid lately. I actually have new player spawning disabled in all my settlements. You actually have to spawn in some off area to get near me now. Sometimes shocked no one else adapts that as a practice. It's a great way to make sure only specific settlements are where new people spawn.
I am a lunatic wrapped in bacon. Sprinkled with swiss, smoothered in mustard and then buried in lettuce. I'm delicious!

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2016, 12:14:21 PM »
If everyone adopts this practice, new players will only be able to spawn at Magatsu Tama. Someone has to take one for the team, so to speak.

To be fair, 7 our of 10 guys who spawn in my settlements slumber shortly after. 2 out of 10 are asshole chars employed by bad players who want to mess with me. But 1 out of 10 sticks around and becomes a friend for life, which makes it kinda worth it.

nanakisan

• Sanctus Acies. Ad honorem, Ad mortis
    • View Profile
    • My personal art gallery
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2016, 12:20:12 PM »
The original system I was going to implement in Muras was as follows. 

Kaenlar was the primary capital of Muras, with access only by invite. Edo was the main gathering zone for new players, vilnar would act as another bracket. But because of the original 1st misuse of the militia bug I ordered all settlements to be shutdown for new players. I was waiting for when the bug got ironed out to reopen the land again. But also I wanted to achieve a sort of immersive RPG like setting for each starting point. Hopefully with this happening in Ascalon, perhaps this will force people to change their tune about isolation.
I am a lunatic wrapped in bacon. Sprinkled with swiss, smoothered in mustard and then buried in lettuce. I'm delicious!