Author Topic: Suicidal Knights  (Read 996 times)

Arx

• Sunscreen will not protect you from despair.
    • View Profile
Suicidal Knights
« on: November 17, 2016, 08:52:16 AM »
C'mon man, at least send me a message first. Even my cruelest, most hardbitten characters won't do anything unreasonable out-of-hand. Now I have to hike back to the estate and set up another offer, and I don't even know if there's something that's chasing people away from it!

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
Re: Suicidal Knights
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 09:00:44 AM »
:|

That shit is really, really annoying.

This is why I set up multiple 1-rabble/light-inf offers.
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

Golden

• Aureus
    • View Profile
    • Might and Fealty Unofficial Discord Guild
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 09:10:22 AM »
C'mon man, at least send me a message first. Even my cruelest, most hardbitten characters won't do anything unreasonable out-of-hand. Now I have to hike back to the estate and set up another offer, and I don't even know if there's something that's chasing people away from it!
Same thing happening to most of people around the world, those new knights appear if they see settlement is undefended and take able they take it, if they cannot they kill themselves.

Arx

• Sunscreen will not protect you from despair.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 09:11:20 AM »
I had a lordship offer up. I don't even know.

Dystopian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 07:49:51 PM »
I always do one soldier offers, they know if they are good I'll give them more men almost immediately.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 01:07:55 AM »
Well, I've finally learned where those knights come from.
In my recent scuffle with Ascalon they spawned knights with retarded names like Ronald McDonald or outlandish descriptions all over my lands. Apparently that's how they do reconnaissance and seek for opportunities.

QuizQuiz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 03:52:52 AM »
Well, I've finally learned where those knights come from.
In my recent scuffle with Ascalon they spawned knights with retarded names like Ronald McDonald or outlandish descriptions all over my lands. Apparently that's how they do reconnaissance and seek for opportunities.

This is a character that i play, it is my first one and I thought about using him in a jester sort of guy. I just got into the game and this it just what I came up with for my first character. What evidence do you have that he is one of these suicidal knights? You cite a ridiculous name and description but no evidence. I shouldn't be surprised with this attitude to new players from what I've heard of you.

P.S. His name is Donald McRonald, not Ronald McDonald.

Weaver

• The Lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 04:34:14 AM »
I will literally kill every last one of you IG if you keep picking on Constantine, in a OOC or metagamey way.

This is your one and only warning.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 04:37:37 AM by Weaver »

Friend Computer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 04:58:42 AM »
I will literally kill every last one of you IG if you keep picking on Constantine, in a OOC or metagamey way.

This is your one and only warning.

Dude chill out, he might have been a bit snarky, but I don't think most people like being accused of being metagamers or having their character names mocked. I will also point out from what I've heard talking to people in discord that Ascalon had some of its garrisons deleted because of those random suicide knights. I've personally got one of my estates taken on my character in the Tors, which pisses me off.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 08:37:14 AM »
You don't need to give me this bullshit, QuizQuiz. You spawned a character in my vassal's capital, scouted all of his settlements and then swore allegiance to my enemy.

I think I know very well who you are and you creating a new forum account just to write this post won't suddenly convince me you're a new player.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 08:43:14 AM »
I will also mock not only the character's name but the description too.

"A strangely tall and wiry man with porcelain skin and a bush of red hair on his head. His eyes give a piercing gaze to those he converse with. In battle, he is armed with lance, sword, and bow. His body is protected by yellow brigandine armor and laminar armguards of alternating red and white plates. He rides atop a white-spotted brown steed which suspiciously resembles a cow."
Brilliant. I have many characters like that spawning in GF's villages in my vicinity for scouting/unprotected settlement grabbing purposes. Hobbits riding ponies and other retarded stuff.

nanakisan

• Sanctus Acies. Ad honorem, Ad mortis
    • View Profile
    • My personal art gallery
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 11:20:47 AM »
Are you fairly certain it's members of Ascalon doing this. I know someone (they were heavily punished for it) from Ascalon did it a long time ago. But now after this whole debacle with the militia bug is just... I can't even. Perhaps an official shutdown on creating new characters should be enforced? At least only until the server move actually happens.
I am a lunatic wrapped in bacon. Sprinkled with swiss, smoothered in mustard and then buried in lettuce. I'm delicious!

Weaver

• The Lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 12:13:07 PM »
I should not write on threads when I am about to go to sleep.

What ticked me off is not the fact that a new guy was running around scouting his Realms. That is Constantine's fault. He should know the risks of hiring new Knights during war time. That is a part of how the community does things, and it can't be helped. It is the part "From what I've heard of you."

One of Constantine's characters are now part of the Erstes Imperium. That means the entire player is under my protection. I don't know how GF treats it's players when it comes to this. I don't care. I don't care how Ascalon does it either, or Lowlands, or the Children. But I will not sit on my ass and leave it be.

If you thought an excuse like 'I heard bad shit about you, so I am gonna make a character for your character' is gonna work, you must think I'm stupid. There's plenty of people in the past who f**ked with people from EI, and thought they were smarter and craftier. They weren't. Don't make me repeat myself. I won't lay it down either as to what constitutes 'fair play'. Figure it out. I am not your mom. If you can't figure out what fair play is, don't expect to receive any from me when I come to break your little sand castle.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 12:26:08 PM by Weaver »

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 12:29:31 PM »

I really appreciate your support, Weaver. But I think this is not a correct approach. I am bloody fed up with people in Ascalon who can not control their OOC butthurt and just want to ruin all my shit as a player. Yet in that light I think it is important that players who hold a lot of sway in the game should execute great restraint even in the face of all the asshatry. God knows how my willpower is strained by limiting this entire debacle to a single character and his limited resources. But ultimately it is more fun that way and a good example should be set for the new players. If they see their opponents play with decency they will be eventually convinced to adopt the same model, otherwise it all just goes to shit. I mean, Artos' vassals are all new kids as well and they're having lots of fun even though we are losing badly. And I am very proud of their chivalrous conduct.
Not to mention Artos is absolutely despised by Caspian and there is no reasonable IC way to garner the main family's support. The funnier it is to read messages from certain Ascalonian dukes who hate me so much they can not tell my characters apart.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 12:35:54 PM by Constantine »

Weaver

• The Lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 12:41:42 PM »
If you want to deal with it yourself that is fine. But if they cross a line you don't want to be crossed, I am ready and eager to put the hurt down.

For anyone else reading this- what I mentioned before is a two-way street. If anyone from the EI does not live up to a fair-play standard of conduct, you let me know and I will deal with them in much the same way. For the same reason I protect EI players, I also do not tolerate douchebags among our own ranks. So if you think someone who is part of EI is harassing you-- don't harass them back, send me a message immediately.