Author Topic: Slumbering by not playing characters.  (Read 302 times)

Golden

• Aureus
    • View Profile
    • Might and Fealty Unofficial Discord Guild
Slumbering by not playing characters.
« on: November 11, 2016, 10:42:29 AM »
Currently your Character slumbers when you don't play them, So you may have characters that are slumbered and may have ones that are active and not slumbered, it is somehow annoying, people may have chars that they don't use frequently, or just wait for some event to happen then play their characters.

I suggest changing it from character based Slumber to Account Based Slumber and making it by not logging in, so if you don't log into your account for a while all of your chars get slumbered.

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
Re: Slumbering by not playing characters.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 11:55:46 AM »
Wait, its character based? o.O Last I could've sworn, it was account-wide.
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 12:11:39 PM »
It is character based.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 03:01:57 PM »
I don't understand the reasoning behind this suggestion. If you have so many characters you can't check on all of them at least once a few weeks... yeah, I'm fine with them falling into slumber.

Golden

• Aureus
    • View Profile
    • Might and Fealty Unofficial Discord Guild
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 08:13:06 PM »
I don't understand the reasoning behind this suggestion. If you have so many characters you can't check on all of them at least once a few weeks... yeah, I'm fine with them falling into slumber.
Well there are some characters that doesn't need frequent checking or there are players that play through phone or don't have enough time to check all of their characters daily, So they don't play their characters until an event happen to them, they may just wait for some event to pop up in their RSS Feed then get into their character.
Overall this is meaningless for each character to fall to slumber separately.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 10:58:15 PM »
Well there are some characters that doesn't need frequent checking or there are players that play through phone or don't have enough time to check all of their characters daily, So they don't play their characters until an event happen to them, they may just wait for some event to pop up in their RSS Feed then get into their character.
Overall this is meaningless for each character to fall to slumber separately.

No, it is just situational. It has occurred before that a large land holding character has slumbered, while another character on the same account with far less land power has not. In such a case should not the character slumber?

I play by phone and have lots of characters. It is not to much of an ask to log in to each one once a week.
He who was once known as Blackfyre