Author Topic: Adventuring: What does it take?  (Read 877 times)

Friend Computer

• View Profile
Adventuring: What does it take?
« on: November 02, 2016, 08:36:43 AM »
Hello, I am new to the game. I have been wondering, have there been any adventuring parties that have lasted for any amount of time? If so, what made them successful? Also, would there be anyone interested in joining an adventuring group if one started?

cred

• Sorry for the bad english
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring: What does it take?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 06:48:12 PM »
Depends on how many people there are in the party. Speaking of which, if I remember correctly there was once a small realm solely dedicated to dungeoneering.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 06:56:14 PM »
Minimum of 2 people to enter a dungeon. Small chance the game will make it significantly harder if you have less than 3 though. :)

That realm lasted maybe a month, IIRC. Honestly, this is one of those things that makes me want to implement guilds sooner rather than later, but that's most of my TODO list in all actuality.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Koliup

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 01:26:20 AM »
Minimum of 2 people to enter a dungeon.

Are you sure? A friend's character tried to enter a dungeon he found and was told it took a minimum of 3 (much to our dismay, naturally).

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 04:00:42 AM »
So, what are the new dungeon changes like?
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 11:27:32 AM »
They are presently kind of glitchy, but there are a few new dungeons and different party rules.

If you can get me the exact text, Koliup, that'd be great. From my understanding of the code, this is probably juts an error in the language files rather than the code itself (which should only prevent you from going alone).

There's a bunch of "monsters" I want to add, and a new card as well. They're all designed, just not implemented yet, but I'm still working on the tool to actually add new things (which will handle adding ALL the things, rather than just a few).
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Koliup

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 08:34:28 PM »
They are presently kind of glitchy, but there are a few new dungeons and different party rules.

If you can get me the exact text, Koliup, that'd be great. From my understanding of the code, this is probably juts an error in the language files rather than the code itself (which should only prevent you from going alone).

So one of my characters entered a dungeon alone to get the appropriate text and whatnot (image has been modified to protect identities). See the following link/image:

(link is http://imgur.com/a/craIs in case the forum image stuff is broken)
Curiously, after my character left the dungeon he was mortally wounded. As in I pressed "leave," and he was immediately hurt. While I can appreciate punishing people for wandering into a dungeon's foyer alone, mortal wounding seems a bit much.

I have my doubts about the wisdom of entering a dungeon with 2 men if we'll be kicked out and mortally wounded for not having 3 men. So I'd rather see the information/text or issue/bug fixed than rope someone else into the dungeon pain with me.

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 04:42:43 AM »
You shouldn't be able to enter a dungeon alone. There is code to prevent this. I thought.

Please send me the ID of the character you used, as well as the location of this dungeon. I'll take a look at it all when I get home today and see what failed.

A dungeon can't, however, kill anyone.

A soon-ish goal is to vary dungeons up so certain ones are harder in a way predictable to players (1 would be designed to be basically full parties only).