Author Topic: The Way Ahead  (Read 587 times)

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
The Way Ahead
« on: October 20, 2016, 12:29:35 PM »
So, for anyone who is curious about the future of Might & Fealty, Tom and I are presently working out a plan to move M&F to it's own, exclusive, server, which I'll manage. This means, a few things, but the big one will be that I can push updates myself (which means I can apply things basically as I finish them). On the more minor notes, this means that I'll have an actual understanding of what M&F uses resource wise (and thus, can better emulate it on a test server), and that when M&F needs updating, 4+ other things won't go down when the server restarts.

On a semi-related note, the forum merge is moving ahead again as well. We think we've got a plan of attack for how to "fix" this forum so that it can be merged with BM's.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Lann

• View Profile
Re: The Way Ahead
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 11:18:13 PM »
That sounds awesome, Andrew.  Let me know if you need any help!

Dystopian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 11:33:29 PM »
This makes me happy as well! Thanks for the work you guys put in.

cred

• Sorry for the bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 06:03:54 PM »
Sounds great! Things will speed up a bit and maybe there won't be as many new players giving up on the game.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 06:16:10 PM »
Just a few quick updates before I head to bed (so you know I'm still here doing stuff).

I think I've finalized actually renting a new server for the game. It's on the same host the game uses now, so we'll be changing as few things as possible.

I also now know what the game's database structure is supposed to actually look like, so I'll be working some more on getting a test server running. It won't be ideal, but it should work. Theoretically.

And my TODO list (you see smaller versions of it in the creating and designing boards) is ever growing with new things I keep finding in the code or getting inspired by or anything really. Ideas. Most I talk about. A few I keep quiet about, because they're really cool! . . . Tabun.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)