Author Topic: Feedback on the Manual  (Read 2299 times)

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
Feedback on the Manual
« on: November 17, 2013, 05:44:27 AM »
This topic is for feedback on the manual:

http://mightandfealty.com/en/manual

Please don't post about empty sections, the manual is still being written. But once a page exists, please read it carefully and comment below if you think that it is difficult to read, lacking information or have other comments on it (including praise, a positive remark here and there always lifts the mood).

Moebius

• View Profile
Re: Feedback on the Manual
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 07:00:49 AM »
On the Playing a Knight page, in the Challenges of a Knight section...

"Without an estate to draw from, knights are dependent on knights to supply them with fresh troops and replenish losses"

...should be dependent on lords, presumably.

In the same para: Without a good realm infrastructure, a knight could find himself with a depleted army and no way to fill it up again.

A gender neutral version: Without a good realm infrastructure, a knight could end up with a depleted army and no way to restore it to strength.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 07:03:34 AM by Moebius »
Might & Fealty characters: the House of de Rodon, of the Duchy of Forest Hold, Erstes Imperium.
---
In BattleMaster I played as Matthias, Rodon and Kali.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 07:42:41 AM »
Thanks, both fixed in the next update.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 01:44:17 AM »
also on http://mightandfealty.com/en/manual/knight

The section " in sum total the knights of a realm can be powerful political forces, if they do not fall into apathy." Feels clunky to me. Something like, "when united the knights of a realm can be a powerful political force" is more natural to me.

On http://mightandfealty.com/en/manual/lord

"existing realm by inheritance, conquest or selection."

The "selection" bit confuses me. Does that refer to being appointed to a rulers position?

http://mightandfealty.com/en/manual/ruler

" by taking on more vassals and sub-realms and growing in size and power until you can either declare independence from your superior realm, or even reverse the tables and exchange positions. "

Is this case of a good suggestion of how to go about it, or is it an actual game mechanic requirement?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 01:48:32 AM by Blackfyre »
He who was once known as Blackfyre

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 02:04:59 AM »

http://mightandfealty.com/en/manual/realms
"Each of these can contain any number of smaller types, so a kingdom could have one ore more duchies, marches, counties or baronies, but not the other way around (a barony can not contain a kingdom)."

Can a barony contain other baronies? Otherwise should it be made clear that only the higher 5 ranks can contain sub realms?

"Realms that are part of another realm count towards that realm with all their nobles and lands,"

I would change this to be something like, "Realms that are part of another larger realm, count towards that realms for the purposes of noble and settlement stastics"

" as deep as you want"
I would change deep for multi-leveled.

"Other than characters, settlements can only belong to one realm."

I would rephrase this to be something like "As opposed to characters, settlements can only belong to one realm"

http://mightandfealty.com/en/manual/travel

"You can travel by sea after embarking at a dock."

Should this make mention of needing appropriate permissions to use the dock?

"When travelling at sea, simply end your travel on land and you will automatically disembark where your route hits solid ground, switching you to normal land travel."
My reading of this is the end point does not need to be a dock? If so I think that should be explicitly mentioned

« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:13:31 AM by Blackfyre »
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 11:32:18 PM »
Thanks, most of these used for the next update.

Esav

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 02:38:44 AM »
Travel Speed

The larger your army, the slower you travel. Both soldiers and entourage members will slow you down somewhat. Your character status page will always display your current travel speed.
Just to clarify, won't scouts reduce travel speed? If so perhaps it should be changed to "Both soldiers and entourage members will slow you down somewhat, with the exception of scouts. Scouts will increase your speed."
This also seems to indicate the arrival times will be added to the character page? And/or the status page of that character?

Finton

• Erstes Imperium
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 05:17:02 AM »
 I don't know if that's the intention for the future, but right now scouts slow you down too. I really liked the line "This may or may not require a bit of civil war." from the rulers page.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 12:20:58 PM »
Scouts do not speed you up.

Penchant

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 01:47:54 AM »
While not feedback on the wording, I would suggest search functionality and adding To-Do to all the unfinished pages.