Author Topic: Creating a Ruler Chat  (Read 966 times)

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
Re: Creating a Ruler Chat
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 07:11:15 PM »
Can't expect them to do everything. Really limits creative potential.

What we can do is run a contest where writers submit lore with the disclaimer that they will be picked apart, spliced, and diced into whatever image suits the admins desires.
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

Golden

• Aureus
    • View Profile
    • Might and Fealty Unofficial Discord Guild
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2016, 08:23:42 PM »

I am suggesting replacing already existing culture packs and gamemaster change the cultures manually in the game.

Central European, Northern, Southern doesn't mean a thing in Might&Fealty, instead of that we can add in-game cultures of already established and known realms, like Islanders, Imperials, Rathgarians.
There are the main cultures that I know exist in the game, other realms created mainly inherit from those cultures.
So we can have in-game cultures instead of Real World ones, to list cultures other than those three main ones I mentioned, there are other Cultures that lived enough time to be known, and at least had some lore and story behind them like:

Hawks, Ascalon, Lowlands, Arrakesh, Sarantian, Tetsuyama, Eldamar, Magvel, Leyonia.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 09:44:31 PM »
Why? Why support a bad idea? Why cling to something that is obviously objectively harmful to the game?

Also, please, no player created cultures. We will inevitably end up with lots of retarded crap in the end.

Because unless something changes all code commits rest in with Tom. Thus spending time on a message system that doesn't fit his brief is a waste of time I could be spending on something else.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2016, 02:09:01 PM »
Soon to change, for the record. I now have a server that is as close to the server running M&F as I can make it without hosting 6 other of Tom's projects. :)

This weekend I plan on throwing a test instance of M&F up on it, as well as finalizing the forum merge prep work (so we can actually do said merge, hopefully), and by the end of the month I could be hosting M&F entirely. Tom fully intends to pass M&F off to the community, and I've done all of the legwork to get everything read for that short of actually make sure the server can compile M&F correctly and actually run the game from an existing database. After that it's "Take down M&F, export the database, import the database, make sure it works right, point mightandfealty.com to new server, celebrate."

There's a lot of I've not said in regards to this on the forum, mostly because I've been busy with actually getting things ready, as well as trying to play the game (I mean, jeez Grand Fate, why you all super noisy now? Don't you know I have developer-ish things to do? :P).
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 05:45:10 PM »
T'was.... Fate'd.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 07:15:10 PM »
I mean, jeez Grand Fate, why you all super noisy now?
Because you have a Flambard now, damnit.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2016, 02:33:30 AM »
Now if I could teach everyone what politics is and how plausible deniability works. I get the impression that none of Flambard's vassals (or even himself really) are understanding that concept.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2016, 01:09:57 PM »
Or maybe not everyone wants to buy into that pussy paradigm in a medieval politics simulator. :P

Dystopian

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2016, 12:38:37 AM »
Ehndras half the world is not slumbering, this is just your madness. People will fight you and destroy at some point I am sure.

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2016, 01:28:49 AM »
A significant chunk of the world is slumbered, though that's rapidly changing. I have characters in all the major realms, and the volume of slumbered estates is ridiculous.

Insanegame27

• I am the Bopmaster, master of Bops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2016, 09:58:02 PM »
A significant chunk of the world is slumbered, though that's rapidly changing. I have characters in all the major realms, and the volume of slumbered estates is ridiculous.
^ agreed. I had a bandit sitting next-door to the EI (or the HoO) capital, burning the place to the ground, and I had to throw my bandit against the walls because nobody came to stop him for three RL months.
Now I have a mental image of horses lined up in a goods factory, building things on an assembly line.

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2016, 11:57:54 PM »
Been sending feelers out in major realms and running around, checking estate by estate.

I spent hours the other night, going over slumbering after slumbering. I'm not kidding when I say a crazy amount of the world is pure slumberblight. Its nuts.

I've had bandits attack multiple cities with absolutely no response.

used to be that a bandit had 10-15 noblemen on its ass, starting all sorts of fun RP and combat exp. Nowadays, they end up just suiciding unto oblivion.