Author Topic: Concept: Player of the Month/Year Awards  (Read 1521 times)

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
Concept: Player of the Month/Year Awards
« on: September 02, 2016, 09:47:58 PM »
So, I had an idea earlier that maybe we'd foster some friendly competition while fostering better gameplay by having players elect a player of the month. The idea is pretty simple: each month players get to vote for one player or another based on how they play their characters, be they fun to play with, crafter of elaborate roleplays, or just unique. Each month out of the year would be a different person, and then at the end of the year, there'd be a player of the year award. The only rule would be that you can't vote for yourself.

As for what you'd get, I'm thinking maybe a badge of some sort for your profile(s)/character(s), maybe a small game credit reward of some degree.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 06:28:24 PM by Andrew »
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Weaver

• View Profile
Re: Concept: Player of the Month/Year Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 01:04:04 AM »
I like it.

cred

• Sorry for the bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 06:19:20 PM »
That will be great.

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 06:28:54 PM »
Presumably, the badges would be handled the same way that the VIPs are, maybe even with the same menu.
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Insanegame27

• I am the Bopmaster, master of Bops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 12:01:28 AM »
As an extra incentive for RP, would giving the POTM credits work?
Now I have a mental image of horses lined up in a goods factory, building things on an assembly line.

Lann

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 09:51:26 PM »
So, I had an idea earlier that maybe we'd foster some friendly competition while fostering better gameplay by having players elect a player of the month. The idea is pretty simple: each month players get to vote for one player or another based on how they play their characters, be they fun to play with, crafter of elaborate roleplays, or just unique. Each month out of the year would be a different person, and then at the end of the year, there'd be a player of the year award. The only rule would be that you can't vote for yourself.

As for what you'd get, I'm thinking maybe a badge of some sort for your profile(s)/character(s), maybe a small game credit reward of some degree.

Thoughts?

Friendly?  Hell with that!  I prefer the unfriendly routes-- involving violence and extortion!  8)   You will all vote me best player or...  >:(

But in all seriousness, sounds like a great idea.   I'm all for it. 

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 01:06:57 PM »
The idea is that we want to foster an environment where you're sitting down to play this with a group of friends, or an extended group of acquaintances like you'd have at the local game shop. We may be the bloodiest most hate filled enemies in game, but here, outside the game, we can sit back and have a drink together.

I'm not against giving out a small amount of credits, for a month or two of subscription play. There'd have to be some discussion with Tom about what he's comfortable with in regards to that though, being he pays for things and all.

We could do this a few ways though. Just starting with a simple vote for a player of the month each month, have categories and maybe vote for two or three, or have rolling categories that change each month (Jan: fun to play with, Feb: elaborate roleplayers, Mar: Uniquie, etc). I'm thinking either just a general player of the month competition (maybe restrict it to one award every six months?) or a rolling category.

Ideally, either way, you'll have a text field that you can use to pitch your case about why that person is amazing. And then each month we'll announce a winner, and probably share the "whys" that were submitted for them.

Lann

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 09:01:59 PM »
Sounds like a plan, Andrew.  It'd be good fun at the least and someone's walking away with some credits to boot.  But honestly, it'd be hard to top you and Weaver for that award, at least in my opinion. ;)

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 10:29:10 AM »
I'd decline it and/or give it to whomever came after me in any such poll. Seeing people enjoy the game is it's own reward, because when others enjoy the game, I enjoy the game.