Author Topic: Update feedback  (Read 665 times)

Roran Hawkins

• The Lost
  • "He whose thread shall not be flamed."
    • View Profile
Update feedback
« on: August 08, 2016, 12:59:36 PM »
So far I've noticed nothing new yet, but we're only in round one. First problem is that there's a massive amount of script in the background of the page that's cluttering UI.

...Strict Standards: Declaration of BM2\DungeonBundle\Form\TargetSelectType::configureOptions() should be compatible with Symfony\Component\Form\AbstractType::configureOptions(Symfony\Component\OptionsResolver\OptionsResolver $resolver) in /home/maf/symfony/src/BM2/DungeonBundle/Form/TargetSelectType.php on line 47...
The story of Ascalon's forum threads.
Founder of Ascalon, professional whiner, minor storyteller.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
Re: Update feedback
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 10:16:40 AM »
Is this all of it or is there more? The ... at the end leads me to believe more.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Roran Hawkins

• The Lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 02:33:21 PM »
Ah, excuses. It's all I can select to copy. That's the end of the message but a whole bunch precedes it. It's covered by other UI though and I can't copypasta that section.

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 03:29:24 AM »
I've a theory that it's to do with the code for resolving the new card, because the card depends on a target type that doesn't exist in the database due to novice misunderstandings in how the game loads certain things.

Stuff like this is why setting up a proper test server is on my to-do list, but when I have time I'll look into this.

Roran, on that page, right click somewhere on the page, click select all, then right click and copy, then paste it into notepad. It should then display the entire error.
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Roran Hawkins

• The Lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 05:33:42 PM »
Strict Standards: Declaration of BM2\DungeonBundle\Form\ChatType::configureOptions() should be compatible with Symfony\Component\Form\AbstractType::configureOptions(Symfony\Component\OptionsResolver\OptionsResolver $resolver) in /home/maf/symfony/src/BM2/DungeonBundle/Form/ChatType.php on line 11

Strict Standards: Declaration of BM2\DungeonBundle\Form\CardSelectType::configureOptions() should be compatible with Symfony\Component\Form\AbstractType::configureOptions(Symfony\Component\OptionsResolver\OptionsResolver $resolver) in /home/maf/symfony/src/BM2/DungeonBundle/Form/CardSelectType.php on line 30

Strict Standards: Declaration of BM2\DungeonBundle\Form\TargetSelectType::configureOptions() should be compatible with Symfony\Component\Form\AbstractType::configureOptions(Symfony\Component\OptionsResolver\OptionsResolver $resolver) in /home/maf/symfony/src/BM2/DungeonBundle/Form/TargetSelectType.php on line 47

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 12:00:54 AM »
Thank you.

So, from my researching these are Symfony and/or PHP complaining that things aren't exactly what it expects, rather than saying that something is preventing something else from happening.

If chat, card selection, and target selection still work, I'm lead to believe this is probably not so much a bug as it is over zealous reporting. I've a couple ideas on this, but none of them really make sense. The common denominator for those three Forms is the translation file and the OptionsResolver itself. It's also of note that these (the forms) are the same files the game has used since before the code went public.

Roran, do the dungeons otherwise still run correctly?

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 09:56:45 AM »
This is not just overzealous reporting, it is reporting of standards violations which might or might not end up badly. If they turn out working ok, that's luck. Anyway it should be fixed.

Roran Hawkins

• The Lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 12:05:42 PM »
Thank you.

So, from my researching these are Symfony and/or PHP complaining that things aren't exactly what it expects, rather than saying that something is preventing something else from happening.

If chat, card selection, and target selection still work, I'm lead to believe this is probably not so much a bug as it is over zealous reporting. I've a couple ideas on this, but none of them really make sense. The common denominator for those three Forms is the translation file and the OptionsResolver itself. It's also of note that these (the forms) are the same files the game has used since before the code went public.

Roran, do the dungeons otherwise still run correctly?

Yes, they do work for the most part. A suggestion from me would be to give the party more information on how and when they advance to the next level and perhaps give the party the choice to decide WHEN they go to the next level, making 'wait' a free action with unlimited uses and the standard action AFK players use when there's no monsters or safe treasure around.

This way you can actually have one character detrap some plunder and allow othersto loot it before you go to the next level, or allow players to go to the next level if there's only trapped plunder left which noone can detrap without having to sacrifice someone to it to advance.

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 01:48:09 PM »
I was under the impression that when you move on you automatically grab all loot from the room. I'll have to check the code again to be sure, though.

A message about what it does though, is a good idea. More control over the advancing in general, isn't that bad an idea either. Hm. Could probably work it in as a default card. Hmm...

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 12:02:13 AM »
Alright, so I'm on a long break from work and I figured I'd try and resolve this error here. And I know what's causing it, I just have no idea why it's an issue, and why it works on the live game, sorta, but throws a total failure on my test server.

I... don't really know how this happened. But to start with, apparently M&F's dungeons don't like it if M&F tries telling them to speak different languages than they expect. So, that's 1 error fixed that no one knew existed. On to the juicy stuff though, the forms interface error. This looks to be a Symfony version mismatch. The code this was built on was setup for Symfony2.6, whereas the server is apparently running Symfony2.7 now, which is why this error is being thrown.

As far as I can tell though: Fixed, code awaiting application.