Author Topic: Restoring Sub-Realms  (Read 981 times)

cenrae

• View Profile
Re: Restoring Sub-Realms
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2017, 09:21:41 PM »
Well I've never played any of those games so I'm not really following the "core" reference. I'm just thinking simple but again have no idea on the coding.

Could you allow a ruler to restore any dead realm (zero nobles and estates) who has control of any of the dead realms former lands.

Said restored realm would then automatically be set to the next lowest hierarchy level.

For example realm X is a county with land that used to be controlled by realm C that was a kingdom.  Realm X restores realm C to active status but it is now a barony.

Such an example would allow the dead realms of higher hierarchy to be restored as well.

This example would likely give multiple players the opportunity to restore the same realm but in reality most players would likely ignore such a feature a they would want to build their own kingdoms per say. Thus only those that really wanted the dead realms name and history would do so.
Clan Skies | House Kye on BM

Amble

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2017, 08:13:14 AM »
Maybe an alternative approach would be for every estate to track which sovereign realm it has been part of for the longest time. The estate would consider such realm its de jure owner and maybe ahowbot on their estate page so a noble can click on that marker and it might then do the check to see if the realm is extinct and if the noble owns over half of its de jure land. Then he can reform it and it should reappear at the rank level it was, but with no land to its name.

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2017, 09:21:24 AM »
This would mean that some realms might not be recreatable at all.

The Vintroth

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2017, 11:09:52 AM »
This would mean that some realms might not be recreatable at all.

I would not consider that a problem really.

If a nation is dead long enough, either via conquest or slumber, their culture would slowly die out. Replaced by what came after. Sure it would not be an instant thing, and I am not sure Amble's suggestion is the best to show that. However, I do not see any problem in some realms not being recreatable.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2017, 12:05:19 PM »
Once capitals are in, the process of recreating a realm could be as follows:
If a realm currently has 0 provinces and no ruler, it is eligible for restoration. If a character personally owns a settlement which used to be such realm's capital and both character and settlement are independent, besides "create realm" button he will see a "restore realm" button.

Demivar

• Purveyor of cunning plans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2017, 12:51:10 PM »
Once capitals are in, the process of recreating a realm could be as follows:
If a realm currently has 0 provinces and no ruler, it is eligible for restoration. If a character personally owns a settlement which used to be such realm's capital and both character and settlement are independent, besides "create realm" button he will see a "restore realm" button.
How would you intend on this working for realms that are already antiquated? I don't believe tha
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Radovid's like you
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: but then insane
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Dijkstra is like you

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2017, 02:43:19 PM »
How would you intend on this working for realms that are already antiquated? I don't believe tha
You can't avoid grandfathered issues after a major gameplay overhaul.
I guess those can be restored manually if needed or just be forfeit, I don't expect it to be a huge fad anyway.

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2017, 03:11:46 PM »
I would not consider that a problem really.

If a nation is dead long enough, either via conquest or slumber, their culture would slowly die out. Replaced by what came after. Sure it would not be an instant thing, and I am not sure Amble's suggestion is the best to show that. However, I do not see any problem in some realms not being recreatable.
Ofcourse, but Amble's suggestion would also mean that let's say the Hawks get destroyed, or part of the realm is atleast conquered or given freedom like they do. Then let's say the new realm there only exists for about 10 in-game years, still a considerable amount of time, but not enough to overcome the time the Hawks existed for there, which means it isn't recreatable even though they died just a year ago maybe.