Author Topic: Idraei  (Read 5692 times)

Cipheron

• View Profile
Re: Idraei
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2016, 10:04:22 AM »
Well he never did fall into your hands did he. :) Yes its Thanksgiving though so I havent had a chance to use a computer all day.
What is this "thanksgiving" you speak of? I had to look up how you guys determine the date to even realize that was a thing right now.

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2016, 11:34:51 AM »
Thanksgiving - everyone is drunk, stoned, or full of food.

Lucky bastards. Please give leftovers to local homeless. There's always leftovers, and a lot of people are going hungry.
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

Dystopian

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2016, 09:53:26 AM »
Western Confederation should make a thread! Its looking really interesting, I'd might even hop in there for that Roman feel.

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2016, 05:32:02 PM »
Roman? Oh. That. Uhh, sure.
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

Dystopian

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2016, 08:39:55 PM »
Cursus Honorum...

Praetor

Consuls

What am I missing here. Roman Republican style government.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2016, 08:43:47 PM »
You're missing the death of Julius Caesar.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Dystopian

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2016, 09:11:27 PM »
It can be arranged.

Insanegame27

• I am the Bopmaster, master of Bops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2016, 09:52:35 PM »
I kinda went for 'The people have the real power' by making the Emperors mere figureheads unless they also are elected into the honorum. So we have a Confederation in that it's entirely your choice to stay or leave, which is also an empire because figurehead Emperor/Empress, which is also a republic, because Cursus Honorum.

I do have concerns about it though. Namely we need immense numbers of players to make it work. Even if I halve most senatorial position (12 tribunes rather than 24), we're still looking at ~30 active nobles needed.

But of course, you never had the Chinese in power in Rome.
Now I have a mental image of horses lined up in a goods factory, building things on an assembly line.

Cipheron

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2016, 06:21:45 PM »
You're missing the death of Julius Caesar.

That was when Taka got drawn and quartered by his own horses.

Cipheron

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2017, 04:37:50 PM »
Hey I'm hearing that apparently people are saying Idraei aka Western Confederation troops fought against Ascalon in the recent war and that Ascalon is going to retaliate.

I'm sort of wondering whether that's actually physically possible in the time from when the war start to the point at which Ascalon started saying they were attacked by Western Confederation.

Rob lost his first city, Berry on date 13-28-5, whereas I first got wind of the anti-WC thing on 13-33-6, so 5 game-weeks later, or a total of 31 game days (~7.5 actual days) between the first wave of attacks and when Ascalon started to call for help against Western Confederation / Armok.

i'm kind of doubting whether it's even physically possible to get troops from the Western Confederation to that area within that time frame. Presumably you wouldn't march through Ascalon to get there, so you'd land north then trek inland. I'm not sure of the exact speed but I have 120 troops with one guy, and it would take around 15 game-days to travel a comparable land distance as the distance that Tor Nidsik is inland. So with 240 troops, 30 game-days just for the final land trek.

And the active ports of Western Confederation are all in Terra Vigila, so you'd have to sail from the south coast all the way around. Quick estimate for that is maybe 5 (actual) days or so of sea travel. Add a couple of days preparation, and the total one-way trip looks like being about 2 weeks, putting the start well before the fighting even began.

So, nix on western involvement in any anti-Ascalon war.

btw what might explain the whole thing, is that quite a while ago, some Armok-associated people sent some troops to Tor Nidsik for the express purpose of fighting against the Halfhavens (Etstes Imperium / Northmen), because the Halfhavens have been the blood enemies of Armok since the October 2016 war. My guess is that some of these troops were still in the local garrisons when Ascalon took over.

Additionally, the October War between Armok, Suaralis and Idraei was an extremely messy war between newbies. Suaralis switched sides twice during the war, we stole undefended cities off each other, then stole their troops which happened to be training, lots of armies were patched together from the border region, because we had terrible planning. Basically we were making it up as we went. So we ended up with large jumbled armies from sources in all three nations. I doubt anyone ever sat down and sorted those troops by which town they came from, so when they were given away, they were jumbled up by nationality and origin town.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 05:04:52 PM by Cipheron »

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2017, 05:06:22 PM »
No, no, no, you see what's happening is Ascalon is trying to reclaim the old Duchy that Flambard seceded with, so that Rothrik can give it to Vanessa as a wedding present, but during the fighting they noticed that all the soldiers they're seeing as militia in the cities they take say they were trained in parts up north, and Vanessa said she can't have any of that and told Rothrik that his present sucked and she'd never marry him. So, to take out his anger Ascalon is going to salt the north with the blood of the Tors.

In all seriousness though, Ascalon has seen a good number of militia from captured cities having origins in the Armok / WC / RASTOA area. This was mentioned somewhere. Ascalon has never had any intention of going further north or attacking any other realms, and the aid they called was to secure a different border just in case things got heated and they had to pull out the reserves.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2017, 05:12:16 PM »
Additionally, the October War between Armok, Suaralis and Idraei was an extremely messy war between newbies. Suaralis switched sides twice during the war, we stole undefended cities off each other, then stole their troops which happened to be training, lots of armies were patched together from the border region, because we had terrible planning. Basically we were making it up as we went. So we ended up with large jumbled armies from sources in all three nations. I doubt anyone ever sat down and sorted those troops by which town they came from, so when they were given away, they were jumbled up by nationality and origin town.

I have no clue about any of this, but honestly, this last bit sounds just fantastic XD. Would have loved to participate in that.

Cipheron

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2017, 05:15:48 PM »
I edited in the explanation as I see it. Those troops are probably the ones provided to Tor Nidsik a fair while ago, the in-character reason was that Tor Nidsik were engaged in fighting Northmen/Halfhavens at the time, and the halfhavens were the blood enemies of the Armok/Rastoa coalition.

btw Andre, one of the highlights for me was a new knight I'd made as a scout, who took an undefended enemy town, then troops trained there a day later. He then took those troops and managed to break into an enemy walled city, capture it, then held out against enemy attacks long enough for allied units to secure it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 05:24:55 PM by Cipheron »

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2017, 05:18:59 PM »
Fascinating. I am amazed how this war has so many sides to it. From what I've heard, and I am not involved in it, is that Ascalon is getting steamrolled by thousands of Lowlanders, Armokian etc etc. and is asking for help. Misinformation abounds, it would seem. Which makes sense in a semi-medieval simulator like this one.

Demivar

• Purveyor of cunning plans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2017, 05:25:20 PM »
I think where you're making a mistake here is that the in-character reason is the reason for why things have been said.

Sit back, re-read what information you have, check where it's from and stop worrying. Someone's been very naughty, but I can inform you of the state secret that there will be no mass genocide.
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Radovid's like you
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: but then insane
22:34 - Roran Hawkins: Dijkstra is like you