Author Topic: voting issues  (Read 873 times)

jameslg

• View Profile
voting issues
« on: June 18, 2016, 06:00:27 AM »
Ravenmark has been trying to establish my character as duke for the longest time but its still not solved.

Can someone assist or would i have to trouble Ascalon to create a new duchy and move everything there?

Inline image 1

Insanegame27

• I am the Bopmaster, master of Bops.
    • View Profile
Re: voting issues
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 06:08:27 AM »
Ravenmark has been trying to establish my character as duke for the longest time but its still not solved.

Can someone assist or would i have to trouble Ascalon to create a new duchy and move everything there?

Inline image 1
Was it an automatic election or a player election (started by a priest)? One of my characters was recently elected as ruler.
Now I have a mental image of horses lined up in a goods factory, building things on an assembly line.

jameslg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 04:24:07 AM »
It was a started election by player: me.

Ravenmark has at least 4 players in 3 main families and what should be a vassal knight (seems to be slumbering?)

We've attempted to fill in the role formally as only the duke has permissions to change and create formal positions and appointments etc in the political arena but we've not been able to and have only been able to use message boards to do so very very ineffectively at best.

Even to tabulate production for taxes is a challenging chore which is further hampered by the inability to formally proscribe anything recognized as 'official'.

This has also hampered recognition of Ravenmark's diplomatic overtures to other realms as messages from seemingly 'unknown' vassal lords aren't even given time of day.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 04:58:25 AM »
Alright, so elections started by players cannot put someone in power, only elections started by the game itself. The game will start an election after the position is left vacant without an heir, and, assuming the coding for this works, is supposed to start another one every 15 days.

Do you know the last time an election was announced in Ravenmark's conversations?
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Daleborn

• All the Dales!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 08:07:17 AM »
Alright, so elections started by players cannot put someone in power, only elections started by the game itself. The game will start an election after the position is left vacant without an heir, and, assuming the coding for this works, is supposed to start another one every 15 days.

Do you know the last time an election was announced in Ravenmark's conversations?
I personally have no clue, but looking through older messages, it appears as if one was never started.
Born of the Dales, 'nuff said.
My fanfic: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11968618/1/

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 08:19:43 AM »
Weird. I've already asked Tom if I can have access to the game logs so I can start troubleshooting these things by seeing where they went wrong originally, but honestly, I'm curious what Tom has been doing to resolve these when they've come up previously.
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

jameslg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 08:31:36 AM »
but i did email him personally and reported this once, in here too (long time back back when the Arringtons had newly died off) but the email correspondence came up with :the codes are open source, bring it up in forums.

jameslg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 02:23:46 AM »
does this just die off too?

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 02:40:46 AM »
Ruler Elections not starting on occassion has been a long standing issue, and as far as I know Tom has never figured out what is going wrong.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

jameslg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 06:28:18 AM »
guess there isn't any way Ravenmark can re-elect its own duke then.

Daleborn

• All the Dales!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 07:33:04 AM »
Would there be a way for it to be done manually?
Born of the Dales, 'nuff said.
My fanfic: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11968618/1/

Beylan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 02:32:08 PM »
A similar issue is occurring with Arrakesh, and many of its sub realms. Hopefully it can be fixed soon!

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 05:39:30 PM »
I don't know when I'll have a moment, but I don't think it'd be too difficult to create a way to allow a ruler to kickstart a subrealm election if the ruler is vacant. It'd be about half the amount of work I did for restoring subrealms, I think, and doable a lot faster now that I'm pretty sure where everything is.

Obviously, the end goal would be to actually figure out why elections aren't being called automatically and fix that, but as a workaround... I could probably crank something out in a few hours.

Actually, that makes me wonder. Does anyone know of this happening at the sovereign realm level?

Beylan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2016, 11:06:59 PM »
Arrakesh, from personal experience.