Author Topic: Updating lists no longer works?  (Read 677 times)

Roran Hawkins

• "He whose thread shall not be flamed."
    • View Profile
Updating lists no longer works?
« on: May 31, 2016, 12:03:35 PM »
I'm trying to allow one of my characters into an existing permission system by adding her to a list that has these permissions, but every single time I update this list with her included it doesn't actually save. I CAN create a new list with her included, but I don't think updating the permissions on every single settlement of three characters with a new list is an intended feature.
The story of Ascalon's forum threads.
Founder of Ascalon, professional whiner, minor storyteller.

Constantine

• View Profile
Re: Updating lists no longer works?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 01:02:57 PM »
Works fine for me.

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 02:01:44 PM »
Even when creating a new list it randomly deletes list members...?

E: I found what caused it. Having a character WITH a nickname in the list made it so every list update REMOVED all other characters or NEWLY added characters to the list. When making lists add characters with nicknames last, and when updating them temporarily remove them and re-add then last.

What a workaround...

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 07:09:03 AM »
Err, what? Again, please. Step-by-step, what happens?

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 11:40:24 AM »
When updating the lists and saving the changes (when there was a character with a nickname already present in said list) it would not do anything. It would not save at all. Only when removing said nicknamed characters from the list, adding the new characters and THEN re-adding the nicknamed characters did the list actually save signified by the 'updates saved' box appearing on page and the permissions actually working.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 11:45:17 AM »
Ok. Can you reproduce this and write the exact server time, so I can check the logfiles?

Gris

• a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 11:04:34 PM »

He doesn't need to, it's common. To make it clearer, when you make changes on a list containing a nicknamed character you can't save it (changes don't take effect), only when you remove those with nickname, you can save the list.
b

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 11:20:17 AM »
He doesn't need to, it's common. To make it clearer, when you make changes on a list containing a nicknamed character you can't save it (changes don't take effect), only when you remove those with nickname, you can save the list.

He's asking for the server time so he can look up that moment in the log and see what the server is doing specifically. Basically, it saves him having to log in, go through the steps himself, potentially without reproducing the problem, and lets him go straight to diagnosing something that shouldn't be happening.

If you've encountered this, perhaps you could post the server time when you next encounter it?

That said, even if Roran provides a server time to lookup, you could provide one as well, which will give Tom multiple instances to work from (as sometimes the same symptoms of a problem can be caused by various different things), which should mean that this gets resolved more easily.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)