Author Topic: Fix the fucking game  (Read 701 times)

Roran Hawkins

• "He whose thread shall not be flamed."
    • View Profile
Fix the fucking game
« on: May 30, 2016, 06:58:24 PM »
Like seriously oh my God I cannot properly express how pissed off I am. I attack a noble with some archers and order him to surrender; What is this? The option to surrender was removed at some point? Well, let's hope I TAKE HIM A-FUCKING-LIVE because just for once evade doesn't make life a fucking hellhole.

Nope. When you can TRAIN your men by the FUCKING hundreds to a gazillion fucking experience by attacking lone nobles, JUST THIS FUCKING INSTANCE I instakill the guy I needed alive WHO WAS LITERALLY TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO SURRENDER.

This barebones fucking shit is driving me fucking insane.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 07:01:44 PM by Roran Hawkins »
The story of Ascalon's forum threads.
Founder of Ascalon, professional whiner, minor storyteller.

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
Re: Fix the fucking game
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 07:09:20 PM »
Double post because fuck this shit.

Because apparently you can only ever attack to kill every soldier in this game is like the retard soldier at 02:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-ThECHhmQs

Weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 07:18:38 PM »
The surrender thing was being exploited, so Tom nixed it.

A few things to remember, and explain why things happened the way they did: When archers attack, they can shoot the same target more times than regular infantry, before they have to seek a new one. We are talking about 6 to 8 shots on one target, compared to 2 or 3 melee strikes. Secondly, Longbows have a really high attack value, and can pierce the armor of a Noble more reliably than melee weapon, and you also have to do it twice for a kill result, instead of a wound result. And lastly, in the hunt phase, archers do not take penalties to their attack for wearing heavy armor.

These factors combined led to the event- but that is not the end of it. Nobles have a 66% chance of surrendering in battle, instead of being killed. Being outright killed in a single battle, without being backed by fortifications, is a massive case of bad luck.

But really, in the end it's my fault. So if you have to blame someone, blame me the most.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 11:30:26 PM »

A very unfortunate incident. Great roleplay ruined.

Maybe there needs to be a "don't kill, try to capture alive" option on the attacker's side.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 09:47:54 AM »
What Weaver says is correct.

Go and fix the fucking game. Code is here: https://github.com/tvogt/mightandfealty

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 12:00:10 PM »
I know, I just got really pissed off. Sadly my talents at coding are comparable at a jellyfish' skills at skydiving.

Lann

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 10:25:58 PM »
Yeah that really sounds like it sucks.  But well... they're fixing the fucking game now.  Gotta understand that for the time-being though, it's gonna be about fixing the current code and balancing before they likely will even tackle the surrender issue.  Consider it a non-existing game mechanic for now until they can get to it.

Btw, Weaver and De-Legro, we could  use an update as to progress made.  I'm sure Tom would like to put what updates are being made under Recent Changes.