Author Topic: Baggage train  (Read 372 times)

WVH

• The Lost
    • View Profile
Baggage train
« on: May 23, 2016, 11:40:14 PM »
Well... having a real baggage train in the game is a flop.

I knew that starvation is a very real threat in the game.  That realistic problem is one of the drains on motivation and energy leading to stagnant play.  Always has been a fine line to balance but...anyway.

Some day I hope to see more alerts on starving entourage.  But for now I have to say real baggage trains are not viable.

I had a great army ready and fully supplied.  Thousands of food in reserve, tons of weapons and armor... everything I could hope to have.  Planned it out for months.  Kept the entourage stocked away in Valenshallen waiting for the next war to take place to put it all into action.  Had even taken the time to train a great cavalry army with horses and warhorses in my supply.

When the war came I marched my well equipped army out and had some good fights.  But then I missed logging in for two days.  When I cam back all my food was gone and the starvation had begun setting in.  Of course I kept my experiment in motion.  Tried to do things to save the army, but forgot about my entourage/baggage train.  Poor people starved waiting on me.

Now I have the following equipment on a bunch of dead entourage.  I will have to park this character somewhere in the hope that we can some day recovered equipment from dead entourage.

Food on the go is a killer.  IMO having an entourage member "hunter/gatherer" who can produce food out of thin air would be a great way to push armies into conflict.  They basically go around showing soldiers what they can or can not eat.  Maybe a % chance that some soldiers will get sick from it and be considered wounded.

No need to tell me our current development situation.  I understand.  Just wanted to share the thought.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
Re: Baggage train
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 01:50:38 AM »
Now I have the following equipment on a bunch of dead entourage.  I will have to park this character somewhere in the hope that we can some day recovered equipment from dead entourage.

You already can. When you disband Entourage, others will try to take what the dead guy had.

WVH

• The Lost
    • View Profile
Re: Baggage train
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 04:17:14 PM »
Oh!  Awesome!  I remember you mentioning it a few months back, that you intended to make it happen.  Just never saw anything saying it worked.  I will check it out!