Author Topic: Troll-rewarding Evasion Luck, Exploit or Tweak  (Read 567 times)

stueblahblah

• View Profile
Troll-rewarding Evasion Luck, Exploit or Tweak
« on: March 24, 2016, 08:40:40 PM »
While I am really tired of opening subjects that affects things to make playing a crap, I will likely send some post as long as I have desire to log in at all.

So, if evade mechanics encourages trolls to sit whole day to make the best out of statistics, rendering other aspect of the game meaningless, rendering playing meaningless in the same way, I am wondering what are the chances that I try to initiate 5-6 battles against 2-3 opponents, which all evaded, that makes between 10 and 15 successful evades in row, than when I am in position to have to evade, in 2 subsequent battles, 5 of 8 evades fail.

what is statistic probability of that? such things do happen once in million times in reality, but from my long-time gone programming days i know, that all codes use artificial random generators which tend to minimize such "impossible" events?

is there some new way found how to fool evasion, or some tweak is just applied two days ago?

again, it is saddening that mere playing vs. trolling depends on such thing like evasion chance.

Weaver

• View Profile
Re: Troll-rewarding Evasion Luck, Exploit or Tweak
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 12:29:43 AM »
It depends on army size.

Tom has already explained once before, that a single Noble has a very high chance to escape, but never 100%, and that one soldiers will not affect it much. So it's all about army size.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 12:46:57 AM by Weaver »

Velrun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 01:37:05 AM »
Those same evasion chances favored your own nobles with no or next to no troops that liked to travel around Elysium attempting to be annoying when we were removing your family from our sphere of influence. You seem rather keen to label anyone's actions against your family as trolling, while at the same time defending your own right to act in similar ways in the furthering of your own "stories" Perhaps if you were able to come to to the forum and just say," hey guys I have had some issues with evasion mechanics recently, here is what has happened, is that right or not?" you would illicit helpful responses. But no, once again you have to accuse another player of trolling or exploiting.

stueblahblah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 08:02:58 PM »
Those same evasion chances favored your own nobles with no or next to no troops that liked to travel around Elysium attempting to be annoying when we were removing your family from our sphere of influence. You seem rather keen to label anyone's actions against your family as trolling, while at the same time defending your own right to act in similar ways in the furthering of your own "stories" Perhaps if you were able to come to to the forum and just say," hey guys I have had some issues with evasion mechanics recently, here is what has happened, is that right or not?" you would illicit helpful responses. But no, once again you have to accuse another player of trolling or exploiting.

it's simply a lie saying that evasion mechanics went in my favor, dozen of my dead-characters can confirm that.

as I already explained many times, but i will repeat it here to confute your propaganda, my chars are running around with weak troops only because game-mechanics does not allow other way to fight bullying.

my chars do not troll, i log in few times a day while yours troll trying to squeeze out everything from game mechanics by attacking every 45 minutes or so.

here i have similar situation - i log in once or two times a day, and when trying to fight, all attempts fail as troll will evade and wait until his many times quicker speed travel will allow him to bring troops in times when i am offline, so almost all the time expect when sheer boldness of the other side gives me some minimal chance, almost all the time i have to fight with 3-4-5 or more times larger troops.

so i can never ever attack even with low but still not impossible odds - i always have to fight against impossible odds, because the other side exploit deficiency of game mechanics to the bones - he/she can evade as much as needed until bringing outrageously larger troop and there is no tiny means for them to follow it simply because i cannot log in to move troops there and back many times.

on top of that, when i make 5 attacks against 2-3 opponents and all of them fail. than my 4 chars, all left with 3-4 soldiers are attacked twice, which means 8 evasion chances and 5 of 8 fail - i simply have no reason to log in at all. brutal trolling deprives of any chance for reasonable playing.

i don't want to call all-day hanging playing anymore - i will call it what it is - that is trolling - simply exploiting game mechanics to render game unplayable for many player. that has nothing to do with any in-game events, nothing to do with tactics, storylines, that is simply exploiting.

i tried to be as fair in thinking as possible, and in beginnings of my posts i put all blame to deficient game mechanics. now, over time, i changed the opinion - it is certain that game mechanics will never ever be ideal and as long as there are people who do absolutely nothing but seeking for holes in game mechanics we cannot hope to attain friendly atmosphere and enjoy in playing.

i would be so glad to make in-game map of people whom i would like to avoid in game, but that is seemingly impossible - nobody can be avoided in open world and i would never find in-game stories for such meta-reasons.

that's why i can only complain here as much as i can stand all that. it is pity, there are many nice people here with whom it is enjoyable to play, but it seems bullies and trolls impose tone over everything.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 08:09:53 PM »
You know, if you call someone a troll, it doesn't mean they are actually trolls. Being so obsessed with some guys without any soldiers who just sit around and evade you resembles control freakiness.

As mentioned above, such guys are irrelevant and can not interfere with any of your targets - if your target is not to have total and absolute control over "your" territory.

I hope there will be more tweaks that will discourage control-freakiness so that some people accept how they can not control everything, to accept it, knowing that more than one means is needed to achieve desired goals.