Author Topic: Invisible Noble  (Read 452 times)

Jhon2221

• View Profile
Invisible Noble
« on: March 20, 2016, 05:24:19 PM »
As of late i have been noticing more and more nobles being invisible on the map view. I recently tried to engage a noble, however i could not find him and had to pursue him based on the location of his prisoner, his prisoner showed on the map however he didn't, even though he was well within spotting distance.

Now two more hostile nobles have arrived standing literally right next to one of my characters, yet they still do not appear on the map. This has also been reported with one of my friends, is there a bug going on here?

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
Re: Invisible Noble
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 05:29:32 PM »
I have been seeing this as well. The map doesn't seem to be updating properly. Also, as you said as well, the prisoners appear to be showing on maps instead of the jailors.

stueblahblah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 12:08:48 AM »
As far as I comprehend, map is aligned with new spotting system while on text screen you have both old and new spotting warnings.

So, when new system would be fully implemented, you would not see as you don't see now.

Old system is, if I remember well, based on mere distance and number of scouts, while new system take into account: terrain type, size of troop, number of scouts, watchtower range if applicable etc.

As I see it is mostly sensed with small troops, you have hard time to spot them.

I feel new system is flavored and more realistic, though it sometimes cause a little pain, I cannot find my own characters around. ???

Jhon2221

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 12:27:04 AM »
As far as I comprehend, map is aligned with new spotting system while on text screen you have both old and new spotting warnings.

So, when new system would be fully implemented, you would not see as you don't see now.

Old system is, if I remember well, based on mere distance and number of scouts, while new system take into account: terrain type, size of troop, number of scouts, watchtower range if applicable etc.

As I see it is mostly sensed with small troops, you have hard time to spot them.

I feel new system is flavored and more realistic, though it sometimes cause a little pain, I cannot find my own characters around. ???

I find this unlikely, as i fail to spot people with armies of 150 stand 60 yards away from my character

stueblahblah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 02:02:09 AM »
if you are on interior side of fortifications without any scout, that might be possible though what you mentios seems extreme, that is talking distance.