Author Topic: Two characters in different factions attacking me.  (Read 999 times)

Dystopian

• View Profile
Two characters in different factions attacking me.
« on: March 18, 2016, 07:15:20 PM »
A new player made a guy in Ascalon and a guy in Rathgar and is proceeding to use both of them to harass my lands constantly, this kind of shit is annoying as hell. He doesn't respond to messages, and won't die. I'm sure if he does he'll just make more as he did when I killed the first guy.

stueblahblah

• View Profile
Re: Two characters in different factions attacking me.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 07:45:50 PM »
what is he doing actually? if he took knight offer, he cannot do much with small troop.

not receiving any response is truly annoying, but i already learned that there seems to be few new guys (or ordinary trolls who pretend to be new guys) who are doing that permanently.

in general, they can do less harm than any bandit though.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 12:54:49 PM »
Already mentioned this jackass here: http://forum.mightandfealty.com/index.php/topic,3652.msg29569.html#msg29569

Tom did not respond to my report so I guess we're just stuck with this griefer screwing with us for the time being.

Dystopian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 04:37:39 PM »
Its irritating, not too bad though.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 11:37:09 AM »
I'm at a loss on how to combat this without making early game hell for serious new players.

WVH

• The Lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 04:38:14 PM »
Suggest making it a diplomatic issue in the game.  It is a matter of mindset, I think we tend to forget our in game options when this stuff happens.  The new player is being annoying but not breaking any rules.  So go over his head and deal with them.

Rathgar will likely contact the noble and if they do not respond to us we will vote to make him nithing, which is less than a Thrall in our eyes.  At that point we can put a bounty (quest) to have him captured or killed.  The nithing do not receive any protection from laws or custom, so no negative diplomatic response for you going after him even in Rathgari lands...with a proper request.

I think this in game response needs to be taken with lots of issues, bandits for example.  Any time you do not have defenses to stand against bandits, don't hate the game for having them...adjust your planning to defend against them.  Talk to people.  Set up a mutual defense with other realms.  Go trade resources for warriors.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 10:42:45 PM »
I'm at a loss on how to combat this without making early game hell for serious new players.

An automatic system? Probably not. This is probably the sort of thing that needs to handled on a case by case basis
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 08:50:53 PM »
Suggest making it a diplomatic issue in the game.
The main problem here is not dealing with the rogue character. Chasing him around (especially if he's active enough and is just there to grief you) can be super annoying of course, but what is much much worse is that I am reluctant to post knight offers now and on a mass scale such behaviour can indeed close many doors for new players.

stueblahblah

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 01:36:25 AM »
i don't know why people are upset for having undisciplined guy who wanders around with 5 soldiers. he cannot make any damage, on contrary, such characters can only enrich interaction without making any significant harm.

Weaver

• The Lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 02:26:07 AM »
No.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 02:30:05 AM »
What interaction? He did not respond to messages and wandered around attempting TO's, wasting everyone's time. When his first character was killed he spawned another one taking my knight offer and continued doing the same thing.
Read the OP before commenting.

stueblahblah

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 07:08:04 PM »
your hostile tone resembles what i see here often.

if you have anyone but you in your own realm, you can arrange action to attack him, and defend your estate, and make some interaction with other players around his silence.

not much different from bandit, while bandit can certainly make you bigger harm.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 08:31:20 PM »

So basically you tell me to use griefing and abuse as a roleplay opportunity instead of reporting it.

Would you even follow your own advice?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 02:52:17 PM by Constantine »

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 01:03:32 AM »
So basically you tell me to use griefing and abuse as a roleplay opportunity instead of reporting it.Would you even follow your own advice?

If you look at the main gist of his own post, no he doesn't follow his own advice.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

stueblahblah

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 07:41:39 PM »

So basically you tell me to use griefing and abuse as a roleplay opportunity instead of reporting it.

Would you even follow your own advice?

if you call something abuse it does not mean that is abuse actually. being so bothered with guy with 5 men wandering around your estates would resemble control freakiness.

as mentioned above, such guy is irrelevant and cannot interfere with any of your targets - if your target is not to have total and absolute control over "your" territory.

i hope there will be more tweaks that will discourage control-freakiness so that some people accept how they cannot control everything, to accept it, knowing that more than one means is needed to achieve desired goals, rather than relying on zombie-troop hanging in dead silence.