Author Topic: Stuck at the river  (Read 576 times)

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
Stuck at the river
« on: March 15, 2016, 08:44:00 PM »
The title says it all. If it wasn't so funny it would probably be put in the rage zone. I set the travel near the destroyed bridge but must have misclicked or something so I am directly on top it, and in the water. I can't go back. I can go forward but I don't want to cause it'd be an exploit and there are some enemy troops there that I don't want to fight on my own.

Lann

• View Profile
Re: Stuck at the river
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 08:49:29 PM »
Damn that sounds like a pickle lol.  Sounds like your men like to swim.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 08:55:49 PM by Lann »

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 01:16:41 AM »
Was the bridge still there when you set travel? Sounds like you managed to cross the river to me, which has happened on occasion if movement was set before the bridge was destroyed.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 07:20:11 AM »
Pretty sure the bridge was already destroyed.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 02:08:52 AM »
Rivers are treated differently from oceans, so "in the water" is not a thing, really. Try to set travel in various directions and check the results. In-game, rivers are lines, and their thickness on the map is purely representational, so you can't be "in" the river.

But yeah, add an "I am stuck" action to the long TODO list. It can happen at the coastlines actually.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 02:14:27 AM »
Rivers are treated differently from oceans, so "in the water" is not a thing, really. Try to set travel in various directions and check the results. In-game, rivers are lines, and their thickness on the map is purely representational, so you can't be "in" the river.

But yeah, add an "I am stuck" action to the long TODO list. It can happen at the coastlines actually.

He wasn't stuck so much as ended up on the side of the river he should not have.
He who was once known as Blackfyre