Author Topic: Examples of ugly play  (Read 3055 times)

FARevolution

• View Profile
Re: Examples of ugly play
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2016, 01:02:07 AM »
Honestly, you keep talking about occ bullies and ooc propaganda. To be candid Stu, my characters got propaganda bashed for in-game actions yet you don't see me whining. If Hawks and Elysium were real OOC bullies they would have squashed your realm a long time ago with little to no trouble at all.

To put it simply, you don't just walk to a realm and start taking over settlements, without contacting said realm or be prepared for consequences of said actions.

stueblahblah

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2016, 05:01:29 PM »
Here is the further example how mad trolling looks like:

You have successfully evaded a battle.9-16-3Enemy troops are engaging you. As instructed, your troops will try to evade the battle, but if they fail to do so, the fight will occur in an estimated 6 hours (real time).9-16-3You have successfully evaded a battle.9-16-3Enemy troops are engaging you. As instructed, your troops will try to evade the battle, but if they fail to do so, the fight will occur in an estimated 6 hours (real time).9-16-3You have successfully evaded a battle.9-16-3Enemy troops are engaging you. As instructed, your troops will try to evade the battle, but if they fail to do so, the fight will occur in an estimated 6 hours (real time).9-16-3You have successfully evaded a battle.9-16-3Enemy troops are engaging you. As instructed, your troops will try to evade the battle, but if they fail to do so, the fight will occur in an estimated 6 hours (real time).9-16-3You have successfully evaded a battle.9-16-2Enemy troops are engaging you. As instructed, your troops will try to evade the battle, but if they fail to do so, the fight will occur in an estimated 6 hours (real time).9-16-2You have successfully evaded a battle.9-16-2Enemy troops are engaging you. As instructed, your troops will try to evade the battle, but if they fail to do so, the fight will occur in an estimated 6 hours (real time).9-16-2You have successfully evaded a battle.9-16-2Enemy troops are engaging you. As instructed, your troops will try to evade the battle, but if they fail to do so, the fight will occur in an estimated 6 hours (real time).9-16-2Your troops have regrouped and are ready for more battles.9-16-2Participated in the sortie from Pomol.9-16-2Caused 1 casualties to the enemy.9-16-2Routed in melee combat.9-16-1Your attempt to evade a battle has failed.9-16-1Enemy troops are engaging you. As instructed, your troops will try to evade the battle, but if they fail to do so, the fight will occur in an estimated 6 hours (real time).9-16-1Your troops have regrouped and are ready for more battles.9-16-1Participated in the sortie from Pomol.9-16-1Routed in melee combat.9-15-6Your attempt to evade a battle has failed.9-15-6Enemy troops are engaging you. As instructed, your troops will try to evade the battle, but if they fail to do so, the fight will occur in an estimated 6 hours (real time).9-15-5Your troops have regrouped and are ready for more battles.9-15-5Participated in the sortie from Pomol.9-15-5Caused 2 casualties to the enemy.9-15-5Routed in melee combat.9-15-4You have successfully evaded a battle.9-15-4Your attempt to evade a battle has failed.9-15-4You have successfully evaded a battle.9-15-4Your troops have regrouped and are ready for more battles.9-15-4Enemy troops are engaging you. As instructed, your troops will try to evade the battle, but if they fail to do so, the fight will occur in an estimated 6 hours (real time).9-15-4Enemy troops are engaging you. As instructed, your troops will try to evade the battle, but if they fail to do so, the fight will occur in an estimated 7 hours (real time).9-15-4Enemy troops are engaging you. As instructed, your troops will try to evade the battle, but if they fail to do so, the fight will occur in an estimated 6 hours (real time).9-15-4Participated in the sortie from Pomol.9-15-4Caused 3 casualties to the enemy.9-15-3Your troops have regrouped and are ready for more battles.9-15-3Participated in the sortie from Pomol.9-15-3Caused 1 casualties to the enemy.9-15-3Routed in melee combat.9-15-3Routed in melee combat.9-15-3Your attempt to evade a battle has failed.9-15-3Enemy troops are engaging you. As instructed, your troops will try to evade the battle, but if they fail to do so, the fight will occur in an estimated 7 hours (real time).9-15-2Final Harvest of Dust has joined the battle with 84 soldiers.9-15-2Your attempt to evade a battle has failed.9-15-2Unraveling Morning Sun has joined the battle with 8 soldiers.9-15-2Enemy troops are engaging you. Battle preparations are being made by both sides. You have an estimated 3 hours (real time) for any actions or requests of support you might want to make.9-15-1You have successfully evaded a battle.9-14-6Final Harvest of Dust has joined the battle with 106 soldiers.9-14-6Final Harvest of Dust has joined the battle with 106 soldiers.9-14-6Final Harvest of Dust has joined the battle with 106 soldiers.9-14-6She Who Forsakes and Is Forsaken has joined the battle with 11 soldiers.9-14-6Whose Whispers Chain has joined the battle with 2 soldiers.9-14-6Enemy troops are engaging you. Battle preparations are being made by both sides. You have an estimated 3 hours (real time) for any actions or requests of support you might want to make.

I want to emphasize here that this guy does not play against me at all here, but against game mechanics: I set my troop at evade + travel 2 or 3 days ago, and since than the only thing I can do is to check the events now and than. And to see sometimes that new engage comes seconds after last evade.

And I also want to accent that I do not bloody care whether I will lose this char or not, the thing what disturbs me is that I have to witness that madness in attempts to drill through game mechanics, which becomes the only content of playing, the content that is certainly not intended, the content i don't care for at all, and presents just abuse of freedom to approach the game world. in other words, pure trolling that plagues so much of internet communities.

WVH

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2016, 04:45:19 PM »
I have had that problem before also.  Sucks when you get tied down by someone playing the mechanics like that.  You end ups loosing everything you have because of it.  I lost a great RP character and then had all my characters given bad gossip even if they had no part in the battles at all.  Of course that is old news now but still, I know how frustrating it can be.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2016, 06:46:27 PM »
Dude, I do not understand you.
You have been complaining in a neghbouring thread about some players troll-evading your multiple engages.
Now you complain about other people troll-engaging you and not letting you escape.
I mean, really?

Lann

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2016, 10:27:57 PM »
Classy, Stue.  Real classy. 

So it's okay to evade multiple times if it's YOU that's doing the multiple evades; but if other people do it, they're 'trolling'.  And when you're the one that's engaging multiple times, that's okay.  But when other people engage multiple times, apparently they're just 'trolling' then too.   

Is there any limit to your own hypocrisy? 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 10:29:33 PM by Lann »

Velrun

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2016, 11:10:44 PM »
Classy, Stue.  Real classy. 

So it's okay to evade multiple times if it's YOU that's doing the multiple evades; but if other people do it, they're 'trolling'.  And when you're the one that's engaging multiple times, that's okay.  But when other people engage multiple times, apparently they're just 'trolling' then too.   

Is there any limit to your own hypocrisy? 

But how can he multi engage lock down anyone? He only logs in a few times a day. Then again we have a guy in Elysium that claims to only log in once a day, just he stays logged in for 13 hours.

Weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2016, 11:20:50 PM »
I just want to say those guys have great names. #self-promotion

Oh, and he actually did lock them down for a good day, or so, even going so far as to ICly call them 'coward dogs'. Then he got rekt by reinforcements.

WVH

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2016, 05:45:04 PM »
haha Weaver... that was funny.

BUT can we not be bullies guys?  I don't care if someone is making themselves an easy target or not... it does not do anyone any good to be dicks in this world.

Weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2016, 07:00:50 PM »
I'm not being a bully. Stu has been calling me out all day and night. When I evade, I am a troll, when I engage, I am a troll. Thing is, I brought only a tiny fraction of my army to give him a fair fight. But now I am starting to think that's the last time I'll do it. The longer wars go on, apparently, the more forum posts appear.

Lann

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 09:11:24 PM »
But how can he multi engage lock down anyone? He only logs in a few times a day. Then again we have a guy in Elysium that claims to only log in once a day, just he stays logged in for 13 hours.
[/font]

Well Velrun, I won't speculate as to his activity or lack thereof, but in his "Troll-rewarding Evasion Luck, Exploit or Tweak" thread, he says he attempted to engage 2-3 people 10-15 times in a row and they all evaded him.  So clearly he attempted to multi-engage at least at some point or other.   Apparently, that's fine but when anyone else does it to him it's "trolling".

[/font]
BUT can we not be bullies guys?  I don't care if someone is making themselves an easy target or not... it does not do anyone any good to be dicks in this world.
[/font]

Who's the bully here, WVH?  Everything everyone here has been doing has been fair in accordance with game rules and perfectly in-character.  No in-game actions have been in response to his rhetoric here in the forums, and there is no 'bullying' from our side.  I'm just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy of name-dropping people and calling them 'trolls' then doing EXACTLY the same damned thing he accuses everyone else here of doing.

For all the talk of us "trolling" Stu, there's only one person here who created this thread (and other threads) specifically just to accuse and name-call everyone who doesn't play the way he likes, and that's Stu himself.  Well, sorry-- but if you're gonna call people out in a thread, don't complain when they throw your words right back in your face.  Don't come here and play the victim card when you're doing the same thing you whine about everyone else doing.  And don't expect a perfect echo chamber where everyone pities you and pats you on the back for all the things those mean 'ole 'trolls' are doing to you, while you get to attack and accuse and vilify people's character openly, with impunity.

I'm sorry you're having a bad time Stu, but I will defend my player's actions when they're in the right; and I won't sit here quietly while you drum up a crusade or mine for pity at their expense. We will continue doing as we've always done until directed otherwise and whether you choose to have fun is frankly up to you, alone.  You want a civil thread where we discuss game mechanics like rational adults?  Fine.  Let's do it then.  I'd be happy to talk it out; game it out. I do it with a lot of other people here and sometimes Tom even likes our suggestions.   

But if you just want to create 'witch hunt threads' like this, as Weaver so aptly put it, so you can alienate and personally attack players all while acting the poor casualty of a 'toxic' community, well-- you pardon us all if the tone takes a turn for the... somewhat less than constructive.  Quite frankly, I'm surprised Tom has even allowed this to remain open for as long as it has. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:17:19 PM by Lann »

Foxglove

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2016, 10:37:04 PM »
I suspect this thread remains open in the hopes of everyone coming to an understanding. As long as discussion here remains civil, there's a chance for all to learn something. Shutting down the discussion won't ultimately solve anything. It'll push the issue underground.

However, should the discussion become aggressive, abusive, or deteriorate in some other way, moderators are watching.
Standing for the responsible use of power since Year 1, Week 1, Day 1.
Fun fact: I wrote some of the text for the M&F crowdfunding campaign.
Favourite warm beverage: hot chocolate.

WVH

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2016, 04:50:25 PM »
Last time I had anything to do with Elysium I was treated the same way you guys are treating him.  I was bullied enough to nearly stop playing, deleted my community account and was resigned to do nothing else to help this game and only play MY way.  I got over it but I keep seeing the same problem over again.

Elysium was using the same tactics being talked about now.  Basically anything to win.  Maybe Stu does also... but the point is there is clique of players who are not very nice to others when they play against them.  They use tactics that are jerk moves and then brow beat anyone who tries to bring it up.

And some are the same names each time.

Does this mean I hate you?  No.  I like you guys and want to see some fun times right here playing beside you.  Just don't expect me keep quiet when I see BS.  If Stu had a group of people arguing as hard as you guys, then I would be calling him out the same way.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2016, 11:10:10 PM »
Last time I had anything to do with Elysium I was treated the same way you guys are treating him.  I was bullied enough to nearly stop playing, deleted my community account and was resigned to do nothing else to help this game and only play MY way.  I got over it but I keep seeing the same problem over again.

Elysium was using the same tactics being talked about now.  Basically anything to win.  Maybe Stu does also... but the point is there is clique of players who are not very nice to others when they play against them.  They use tactics that are jerk moves and then brow beat anyone who tries to bring it up.

And some are the same names each time.

Does this mean I hate you?  No.  I like you guys and want to see some fun times right here playing beside you.  Just don't expect me keep quiet when I see BS.  If Stu had a group of people arguing as hard as you guys, then I would be calling him out the same way.

They are playing to their strengths, just like those with old large and established realms play to theirs, IE they bring plenty of top tier well experienced troops. Plenty of people think it is a jerk move when large realms always support each other as well, or raiders attacking weak realms with well equipped armies, doesn't mean it is, just means that when you are on the other end of it, it is frustrating.

Besides the issue is less with Stue bringing up issues, it is the way he does it. If you are going to use terms like troll and jerk to describe other players actions, you are hardly going to get a constructive discussion regarding actual issues.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2016, 02:07:43 PM »
Since apparently when I am wordy, my posts won't pass moderation, I will summarize and get this off my chest.

I am not trolling. Stu is trolling. He is calling me out everywhere, and I tried to play fair. No more. It is war. I will not hold anyone's hand. If you want to fight me, and not interact with me at all, I will make you regret fighting me. It's just business. If you do interact with me, I will interact with you.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2016, 04:53:59 PM »
Weaver, Stueblahblah, I know both of you to have particularly focused attitudes and quite passionate feelings about things. I'm familiar with how both of you play, and your styles conflict with each other greatly.

Weaver, your last post was deleted for be antagonistic and not conducive to a friendly environment. Before you post, maybe consider reading your post from the perspective of someone else? I'd love to remove your moderation, because you've some very good contributions to different discussions, but every time I think you've moved past it you do something again to make me reconsider.

Stueblahblah, you began this discussion not framed as a discussion but a declaration. You declared that assigning an opponent your soldiers was what you believed an example of ugly play, accusing another player's character in front of every other player. If you'd come here and said something more like, "Hey, I recently encountered someone attacking me and assigning me soldiers after declaring the engagement. This doesn't make sense, given that we're enemies. What does everyone think about adding a way to prevent this?" then this discussion would've had a friendly and less hostile tone from the outset. The majority (possibly all of it, actually) of this topic agrees with your opinion that assign troops to an enemy combatant isn't good for the game. No one has argued that. Weaver raised the point that this could have been framed better, himself doing so with about as much tact as a wrecking ball, but he was trying to get across what I just stated.

Beyond that, the game is not just your story, or De-Legro's story, or Elysium's story, or Weaver's story. It is OUR story. We are all contributing to it, all our characters are adding pieces here and there, in order to make the story even more amazing than it was before. It may conflict with itself on numerous occasions, but that is because it is the story of a living, breathing world, and that is what the people in that world would do--they would share the story that favors their goals. That some characters would have thought to write things down so their successors could read them, is not far fetched, and it is certainly not "actively degrading the game and our efforts to make some in-game stories". De-Legro and Velrun brought up the inconsistencies with your statements because you, as the player, are stating them in front of other players, a number of which do have characters old enough to remember that, as fact in a public forum.

Being unaware of discussions of others or not knowing the histories of another character does not mean that they are acting in a fashion inconsistent with their character. 99% of the time, it simply means that not everything is known to everyone. And that's how it should be, their should be politics and back-door dealings and double-crosses and double-double-crosses, because these are things that make sense to the characters making them and because these are things that make this game truly alive and interesting.

But that is for the game, not the forum. Here, we are the players. We may speak of our characters, and share their stories, but our characters are not played here, they don't act here, or plan here. Here, we talk, and share, and improve this game, so that those that we can come to enjoy it even further, and that those who start playing in the future will enjoy it as much as we have.

If anyone wishes to discuss anything talked about here in further detail, you will have to do it in another topic, and hopefully, we'll remember that here, in this forum, this community, all the players that play within the rules of the game, are to be treated with the same respect you show those that you would sit down with to play a game in your own home.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)