Author Topic: Abandoning buildings  (Read 826 times)

Charles

• View Profile
Abandoning buildings
« on: February 28, 2016, 03:02:16 AM »
I did a quick search for this and did not find it, so sorry if this is a repeat.

What happens when you abandon a building?  I assume I get the population back. Do I lose all equipment that that building produces?  Say the bower has 100 crossbows ready, are they lost?
I also assume if I abandon my dirt streets, my paved streets will also be abandoned (and almost everything else really).
Do I get a warning if there are other buildings that will be lost?
I want to specialize: remove archers from my larger estate, and produce them in a smaller estate that wont be able to do the heavy infantry.

Insanegame27

• I am the Bopmaster, master of Bops.
    • View Profile
Re: Abandoning buildings
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 04:24:06 AM »
Abandoning will free up the population that worked there previously. If you abandon a building with 7 people working there then you will get 7 more people in your workforce. I don't know what happens with work-hours, though.
Now I have a mental image of horses lined up in a goods factory, building things on an assembly line.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 06:02:05 AM »
I did a quick search for this and did not find it, so sorry if this is a repeat.

What happens when you abandon a building?  I assume I get the population back. Do I lose all equipment that that building produces?  Say the bower has 100 crossbows ready, are they lost?
I also assume if I abandon my dirt streets, my paved streets will also be abandoned (and almost everything else really).
I want to specialize: remove archers from my larger estate, and produce them in a smaller estate that wont be able to do the heavy infantry.

Building don't produce any items until you train the troops. Until then they are generating work hours, which can then be used for any if the items that building produces. That is why if your train crossbow.men, your supply of shortbows and longbows also decreases.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 08:57:27 PM »
Do I lose all equipment that that building produces? Say the bower has 100 crossbows ready, are they lost?

No, but you can't use them until the building is built back.

They won't, but peasants will likely want to reconstruct them immediately if your settlements is not small enough.

Nothing else will be lost.

I don't think those buildings are auto-built by peasants, so this seems very feasible.