Author Topic: New character abuse  (Read 3589 times)

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
Re: New character abuse
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2016, 10:04:59 PM »
90%?  Is that an actual calculated statistic or did you make it up?

My experience, I should have been clearer.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2016, 09:10:22 AM »
all those characters are marked as new, but I am 99% sure this belongs to the same harasser or group of them who constantly piss over everybody else - how high is probability that 3,4 new players behave absolutely the same, ignoring all those introduction messages and screens at beginning of game, ignoring everything and just running around without a word? i believe it is zero probability - we simply need to identify people who absolutely don't care for all appeals to behave fair, and atmosphere will be much better.

We don't have a good way to reporting them just yet, but how about opening a topic specifically for this, just for reporting suspicious characters, no discussions and flames, just character IDs so I can check?

stueblahblah

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2016, 07:03:18 PM »
I dare ask - should we not be rewarded a little more :o ?

I mean, the same principle could be applied, if needed, in something like: bonus is small at small population, but grows at ideal-size population.

Net minus is punishment for us. We anyhow pay in working force, which reduces food, why we need to pay more. I mean could it be applied that building can never create minus in its own specialty?

It is hard to find concept for advanced infrastructure development. Leaving some estates as sources of different material by building little is possible.

Creating advanced centers, though, is near-impossible as most of us will never ever have so large towns to be able to see the use of advanced buildings. That leads to necessity to avoid building anything but minimum. On the other hand, peasants force their own buildings that are mostly useless for us. And we also have nothing to do if efficiency "hole" exists say between 2000 and 4000 population.

Why we are punished? ??? Minuses here, minuses there, very few pluses, that is simply discouraging. Relative differences are possible in a way that some get little bonus, some much more - not in a way that many of us see minuses only...

If town with 2500 population produces minus with ordinary temple, than how it looks like for smaller towns...

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2016, 08:16:28 AM »
Okay, I retract my previous statements. War with the Lowlands is about to get real and their players immediately started accepting my knight offers. Classy. :)

So is this actually a punishable abuse?

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2016, 09:59:32 AM »
Okay, I retract my previous statements. War with the Lowlands is about to get real and their players immediately started accepting my knight offers. Classy. :)

So is this actually a punishable abuse?

Well details would be helpful. How.do you know it is them? What are they doing?

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2016, 10:12:49 AM »

A dude from Lowlands was running around my Duchy spying on my villages. My knight captures him. So that player immediately spawns a new character of the same family in my capital and runs away with my troops in total silence, continuing surveying my provinces.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2016, 11:06:24 AM »
A dude from Lowlands was running around my Duchy spying on my villages. My knight captures him. So that player immediately spawns a new character of the same family in my capital and runs away with my troops in total silence, continuing surveying my provinces.

Wow, just wow. There is abusing the game, and then there is just stupidity.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2016, 11:36:40 AM »
So what are my actions now? Is there a mechanism to punish the brat?

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2016, 11:39:26 AM »
So what are my actions now? Is there a mechanism to punish the brat?

Email Tom.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2016, 07:16:11 PM »
We are talking about a character related to Leo Balkopan, right? I want confirmation on this, because if it is true I'll want the player to explain itself. This is not acceptable behavior for a Lowlander (or for any kind of player).

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2016, 07:45:21 PM »
The initial spy was Leo Balkopan's vassal but I can not say if both are played by the same player.

What's Tom's email address btw?

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2016, 08:12:34 PM »
Shoot him a message in-forum:
http://forum.mightandfealty.com/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=1

Just know this is not only not done by all Lowlanders, but it is also not seen as proper behavior.

stueblahblah

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2016, 09:37:37 PM »
I already explained though in-game thread and will repeat some of it here.

That guy seems to be new player. I was also annoyed when he initially joined and began walking around without a word. I was annoyed to much to post it here as well.

After few days he ceased ignoring my messages and begin sending some response which lead me to belief that he might be new player who just has clumsy way on how to begin.

My proposal is to leave him, we will see in some days whether he will continue responding in any way. As far as I know, all of his acts did not make any significant harm.

As regards to any of my characters, I will repeat that here: each and every of my own characters are visibly linked to each other through their in-game history pages. Some links are few steps long (like child of somebody's spouse or similar) but each can be traced by whoever willing to search though in-game pages.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2016, 11:23:36 PM »
So what do I do if the aforementioned player keeps harassing me while refusing to answer my messages and Tom never replied to my report either?