Author Topic: New character abuse  (Read 3370 times)

Daimall

• View Profile
New character abuse
« on: February 11, 2016, 08:27:50 AM »
Apparently, somebody created characters 6846 and 6847 for the explicit purpose to attack one of my characters to make him run out of money to pay for my mercenaries so they desert before the main battle starts. I just can't find any other reasonable explanation why these 2 characters were created in a nearby town on the day I finished acquiring mercenaries then got sucked into a battle. While the main battle was underway, they suddenly appeared and received 1 medium infantry each from a nearby enemy noble gathered there and then attacked my character with 204 Heavy cavalry in 2 battles that were resolved in about 15 minute each. Now, I can be reasonably certain my character is going to die just because somebody on the enemy side really, really wanted to win at all cost with as little pain as possible.

Yes, my character apparently traveled away from the battle somehow after the evade failed for some reason but those characters were clearly created before I attempted to do so and would of likely done the same thing anyways.

What a community.

Edit: (Battles under 13453 and 13454 I think are the ID#s)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 08:36:49 AM by Daimall »

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
Re: New character abuse
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 08:47:02 AM »
I am extremely disappointed is all I can say on this matter. This game has one of the shittiest communities I have ever seen and if crap like this keeps up coming in this war of Hawks and AD which seems to be bringing out the worst in people, I will seriously consider quitting this charade.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 09:21:21 AM »
Apparently, somebody created characters 6846 and 6847 for the explicit purpose to attack one of my characters to make him run out of money to pay for my mercenaries so they desert before the main battle starts. I just can't find any other reasonable explanation why these 2 characters were created in a nearby town on the day I finished acquiring mercenaries then got sucked into a battle. While the main battle was underway, they suddenly appeared and received 1 medium infantry each from a nearby enemy noble gathered there and then attacked my character with 204 Heavy cavalry in 2 battles that were resolved in about 15 minute each. Now, I can be reasonably certain my character is going to die just because somebody on the enemy side really, really wanted to win at all cost with as little pain as possible.

Yes, my character apparently traveled away from the battle somehow after the evade failed for some reason but those characters were clearly created before I attempted to do so and would of likely done the same thing anyways.

What a community.

Edit: (Battles under 13453 and 13454 I think are the ID#s)

You live, I ensured no other Hawks joined the battle once we saw them engage you. What we were hoping would be a pivotable battle was instead a facse. We are unfortunately having our own problems with new character spam and annoying antics. Those attacking newly independent settlements I sort of understand. Those attacking  our reinforcement and gold running lines with decent forces and no declared ties, less so. What is clear is we have a spy, since these logistics are not openly discussed. Those committing the acts claim to be hired from several realms, AD and Black Road in particular. Seems we have some trolls trying to stir pots.

He who was once known as Blackfyre

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 09:31:11 AM »
I've identified the player responsible and contacted him by mail. Let's see what he says.

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 10:17:48 AM »
You live, I ensured no other Hawks joined the battle once we saw them engage you.

The player claims that they had no soldiers when they arrived, but were then given 1 soldier each from Hawk nobles. They knew these cavalry were mercs either through espionage (in AD it was only discussed in secluded groups) or OOCly.

What Tom needs to do is not just contact the player who created the throw-away characters, but also the player that has given them 1 soldier each.

Daimall

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 10:59:44 AM »

The player claims that they had no soldiers when they arrived, but were then given 1 soldier each from Hawk nobles. They knew these cavalry were mercs either through espionage (in AD it was only discussed in secluded groups) or OOCly.

What Tom needs to do is not just contact the player who created the throw-away characters, but also the player that has given them 1 soldier each.

No I am pretty sure they figured it out that while "sieging" the town I was in was that when I suddenly magiked in 204 heavy cavalry all of a sudden meant that I hired mercanaries and it was reasonable IC knowledge among the Hawks of that. Thats why I am very suspicious that it was a player from the Hawk faction. There was a Black Forest noble I think nearby for some reason, but I don't think he lost troops. Infact with the amount of nobles that poured in there it was very hard ICly to figure out who gave those troops to those characters.

However yes, Tom should know who gave the 2 new character troops to attack my character with, I would not be too suprised if they turn out to be the same player though.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 11:05:54 AM by Daimall »

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 11:21:44 AM »
No I am pretty sure they figured it out that while "sieging" the town I was in was that when I suddenly magiked in 204 heavy cavalry all of a sudden meant that I hired mercanaries and it was reasonable IC knowledge among the Hawks of that. Thats why I am very suspicious that it was a player from the Hawk faction. There was a Black Forest noble I think nearby for some reason, but I don't think he lost troops. Infact with the amount of nobles that poured in there it was very hard ICly to figure out who gave those troops to those characters.

However yes, Tom should know who gave the 2 new character troops to attack my character with, I would not be too suprised if they turn out to be the same player though.

There was and is a Black Forest noble in the vicinity, but I though it was one of Toms characters.

Arx

• Sunscreen will not protect you from despair.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 11:27:25 AM »
Nobody in the Black Road has mentioned this conflict at all IC. Certainly the realm is not involved in an official capacity, because that would have to pass by Oclire and I'd know. One of the Bloods might be, but it's certainly not the whole Creed. Just FYI.

Daimall

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 11:35:59 AM »

There was and is a Black Forest noble in the vicinity, but I though it was one of Toms characters.

Still, I swear that those new characters did not have troops as they approched the battle. I checked them as I was suspicious of a "new" player wandering 2 new characters next to a big developing battle. Too bad I did not save screenshots though.

Since there were basically only Hawk nobles there, I am very ceartain it was one of them that handed off troops to them. I will not rule out that prehaps somebody used another character to hand them troops as they exited the slumbering settlement, but the circle of information of who could of known that I had powerful mercenary troops were limited to whoever the Hawks scouts reported to and the upper circle of AD.

stueblahblah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 02:07:18 PM »
I am extremely disappointed is all I can say on this matter. This game has one of the shittiest communities I have ever seen and if crap like this keeps up coming in this war of Hawks and AD which seems to be bringing out the worst in people, I will seriously consider quitting this charade.

I personally don't believe it is matter of community, but minority who spread bad atmosphere over the community and currently there is no way to deal with them. And bad atmosphere and negative emotions tend to spread as disease.

what is described here is 99% similar to what i described in nearby thread called "Endless trolling". It's always the same "style", same hostility on player level.

Vamking12

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 04:11:46 PM »
Christ can't people just treat this game like what it is, you know a game? Every other day I hear about some silly exploit or trick just so they can get two extra settlements.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 04:52:40 PM »
Those committing the acts claim to be hired from several realms, AD and Black Road in particular. Seems we have some trolls trying to stir pots.

Selba Heriun got this message: "This is a sandbox and I am going to take every OOC measure I can to stir up Chaos. The dominate empires shall fall as I stir up resentment against them. Newer realms will be the resources I require to wage my war. I am everywhere, in every realm across multiple accounts. I know where you are weakest, and there I will strike."

Lann

• The Lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 05:49:03 PM »
Well, that's cheerful... 

Arx

• Sunscreen will not protect you from despair.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 07:28:08 PM »
Tom can ban a player from the game, right?

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 09:36:55 PM »
Tom can ban a player from the game, right?

Yes. Well ban an account. Banning a player that is tech savvy is not so easy.